How to colorize large portions of Bible text?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
ErikJon

How to colorize large portions of Bible text?

Post by ErikJon »

Is there any way to colorize entire chapters of text without having to select each verse one by one?

For example, as most of Matthew 24 represents the words of Christ, the text appears in red, in some translations. What if I want them to appear in green? Must I select and convert every verse individually? Can I not select fifteen verses at a time and convert the color of those, all at once?

I have a Bible module with the words of Christ already in red, and I want to convert it for use in an app like MySword for Android, but I want the red text to appear as black, before I convert it. Is there any easy way to do that without destroying the rest of the formatting (e.g., italics)?
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: How to colorize large portions of Bible text?

Post by JG »

ErikJon wrote:Is there any way to colorize entire chapters of text without having to select each verse one by one?

For example, as most of Matthew 24 represents the words of Christ, the text appears in red, in some translations. What if I want them to appear in green? Must I select and convert every verse individually? Can I not select fifteen verses at a time and convert the color of those, all at once?
No
ErikJon wrote:I have a Bible module with the words of Christ already in red, and I want to convert it for use in an app like MySword for Android, but I want the red text to appear as black, before I convert it. Is there any easy way to do that without destroying the rest of the formatting (e.g., italics)?
You would need to edit the file and remove the <FR> <Fr> tags
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

I have a Bible module with the words of Christ already in red, and I want to convert it for use in an app like MySword for Android, but I want the red text to appear as black, before I convert it. Is there any easy way to do that without destroying the rest of the formatting (e.g., italics)?
Send me the file and I will gladly edit it for you.
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Thank you, both. I will get back to you shortly.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

I think I got it converted, now, using Notepad++ to search-and-replace the marker within the text, and then Simple Bible Reader 3.0 to convert the new text to MySword format. Thank you.

Too bad that TheWord cannot format multiple contiguous verses at one time.