How Do You Paste in A Verse So It Pops Up?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
sandia1

How Do You Paste in A Verse So It Pops Up?

Post by sandia1 »

How do I paste a verse reference into my user notes that when I hover over the reference with the mouse it pops up and is visible? Thanks!
JG

Re: How Do You Paste in A Verse So It Pops Up?

Post by JG »

Click in the topic after you pasted and press Ctrl+D
Or right mouse click in topic and select from the context menu, Detect all verse references
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

What about an easy way to get the reference into my notes. I can paste the verse complete, but what if I want to copy and paste the reference only. Is there a shortcut or quick way to do this?
JG

Post by JG »

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

I cannot get the clipboard monitor to ever come on. How do you view it? Sometimes I want to copy the complete verse and sometimes the reference. Will it let me do that quickly and easily?
JG

Post by JG »

Quickly and easily will depend on your skill. No one else has reported any issue with this feature. It should work as per the help.
If you can provide some more detail of where you are copying the verses from, someone can try to replicate it not working.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

sorry to be bone headed, but I'm trying to copy a verse reference out of the KJV Bible into MyWordNotes. It will copy the entire verse, but not just the reference. I also don't see the clipboard monitor where I can change the settings :cry: ? How do you view the clipboard monitor?
JG

Post by JG »

Well if you had read the info from the help you would know all about the Clipboard Monitor, where the settings are changed and how to get to the settings.

However, if all you need is the verse reference that you are on currently, click at the bottom right of the main program where the scripture reference is displaying the current verse and is will copy it.. then just paste. Hover your mouse pointer there for a tip, for not including the translation.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

JG wrote:Well if you had read the info from the help you would know all about the Clipboard Monitor, where the settings are changed and how to get to the settings.

However, if all you need is the verse reference that you are on currently, click at the bottom right of the main program where the scripture reference is displaying the current verse and is will copy it.. then just paste. Hover your mouse pointer there for a tip, for not including the translation.
Thanks JG, that was I was wanting to know. I just looked at the help file for the 3rd time and I still can't find that bit of information or how to get to the clipboard monitor. I guess somehow I'm just not seeing it.
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

Ok, I figured it out. In preferences it was checked to "disable temporarily". The reference at the bottom right corner and being able to click that and copy that is what I was needing. Thanks for your help, that will help me a bunch with my notes.