Compare View and Strong's Numbers

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
therapon

Compare View and Strong's Numbers

Post by therapon »

I recently updated the NETBible module and discovered it now includes Strong's numbers. I already have a module in Compare View with Strong's, having two or more can be redundant. Is there a way to selectively turn off the display of Strong's in Compare View? It's especially a pain in the neck for copying - I want just the Bible text, not the numbers.

therapon
JG

Re: Compare View and Strong's Numbers

Post by JG »

No way to do it selectively it is a per window setting.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

Bummer. It would be a convenient feature to have.

therapon
JG

Post by JG »

I think a tap on the "S" key will be the workaround.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

That works for copying, if I remember to do it :? Doesn't help the clutter the rest of the time.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If you like Strong numbers on mouse over but not visible.
I'd check the box under Strong's Numbers next to "Show no link, just show in a popup the Strong's entry . . ."
Then the Strong numbers are still available on mouse over but don't take up the screen.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
therapon

Post by therapon »

Having the numbers visible is helpful, also the links which I use often. I regularly have 4 or more Bibles open in compare view, the one I prefer has numbers. I need the one set visible with links but not one or more others. I find it confusing and harder to compare the other texts.
JG

Post by JG »

Is it just the KJV that you would like to have showing Strong's? If so it would be easy to comment out the lines in the file that make the Strong's hidden(just put a # to comment out the verse.rules). So as long as other Bibles had the ability to hide Strong's, you would have what you need.

Or you could have a small floating window with your Bible with Strong's showing, synchronised with the compare view.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
therapon

Post by therapon »

I can try that, thanks.