[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Can't use mouse to select verse. 

Post Can't use mouse to select verse.
The chapter list always come up to the far left and when I move the mouse, the chapter list changes to what ever the mouse passes over making it unusable except on a touch screen - I have tested this on two different tablets (one is 8.1" display and the other 11.6").

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 40.94 KiB | Viewed 722 times ]

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Post Re: Can't use mouse to select verse.
It is a known problem, but the exact reason why the control does not behave.... I don't know.
It does work perfectly in Linux under WINE.
I can't recall if Costas reported the issue to the programmer of the control, and if so if it will be fixed.

@Costas, comment please.

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:23 pm
Site Admin

These are standard windows menus, no custom control or anything.
Normally the chapter's menu should popup on the left if there is not enough space, something that should happen only for the books in the last column. I don't know why you always get it to the left. I cannot repeat it myself in Windows 10.
On my computer, even in that situation a quick move of the mouse makes it possible to 'target' the menu.
Costas

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 pm
Profile WWW

I orginally thought it may be a problem with the display driver, but by it happening on two different tablets that can't be. One thing that is in common about both the tablets is that they are touch screen.

Quote:
Normally the chapter's menu should popup on the left if there is not enough space
Can't follow this, I would think it would popup on top if there wasn't enough room????

Quote:
On my computer, even in that situation a quick move of the mouse makes it possible to 'target' the menu.
Works fine on my regular laptops, but no matter what I do with the mouse on the tablets, it doesn't - it will either jump to another book or remove the popup as normal with mouseover.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:23 pm

OK so that part is standard Windows control... So this won't get resolved.

So, I suggest using a floating Bible tree window (F8)

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks for the F8, but the location of the popup has got to have a "position" attribute. The way it normally works is relative to what is being selected by the mouse and that position has to be programmed - it is probably a module written and compiled by someone and just inserted into theWord.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:05 pm

I just tried Costas' quick move of the mouse makes it possible to 'target' the menu. and that does work, so I will use that until "Costas" gets it fixed :)

Just kidding,
God bless you both.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]