Getting text to display correctly in a dictionary module.

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
jonathangkoehn

Getting text to display correctly in a dictionary module.

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I have the following text and much more but I'm not sure what I need in the SQLite dictionary to get it to display with its formatting. This is an entry in content of the Database file. I know the rtf formatting code is missing but not sure what I need to add to get it right.

<h2>Clause ID: 1</h2><b><e>LGNTDF</e></b> Main clause segmentation. Level 0<hr><b><e>IT</e></b> Βίβλος<gloss>[The] book</gloss> γενέσεως<gloss>of [the] genealogy</gloss> Ἰησοῦ<gloss>of Jesus</gloss> Χριστοῦ<gloss>Christ,</gloss> υἱοῦ<gloss>son</gloss> Δαυὶδ<gloss>of David,</gloss> υἱοῦ<gloss>son</gloss> Ἀβραάμ<gloss>of Abraham:</gloss><br><b><e>LT</e></b> [The] book of [the] genealogy of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:<br><b><e>ST</e></b> [This is the] record of [the] genealogy of Jesus Christ, [the] son of David, [the] son of Abraham:<h2>WORD ID: 000001</h2><p><b>Koine:</b> βιβλοϲ<br><b>Unaccented:</b> Βιβλος<br><b>Accented:</b> Βίβλος<br><b>Transliteration:</b> Biblos<br><b>Modern pronunciaton:</b> viyvlos</p><p><b>Gloss:</b> book<br><b>Interlinear:</b> [The] book<br><b>Literal:</b> [The] book<br><b>Study:</b> [This is the] record<br><b>Español:</b> Libro</p><p><b><i>RMAC:</i></b> <a class='morph' href='mN-NSF'>N-NSF</a><br>Noun, Nominative, Singular, Feminine</p><p><b><i>TBESG:</i></b> Βίβλος<br><b><i>Mounce:</i></b> <a class='dict' href='d-Mounce βίβλος'>βίβλος</a><br><b><i>BDAG:</i></b> βίβλος<br><b><i>EDNT:</i></b> βίβλος<br><b><i>Strong:</i></b> <a class='strong' href='d-OGNT G976'>G976</a><br><b><i>GK:</i></b> GK-G1047<br><b><i>LN:</i></b> LN-33.38</p><p><b><u>Tyndale Amalgamated NT Tagged texts</u></b></p><p><b>BIMNRSTWH:</b> Βίβλος <a class='strong' href='d-OGNT G976'>G0976</a> [book]<br><a class='morph' href='mN-NSF'>N-NSF</a>: Noun, Nominative, Singular, Feminine</p><p><b><u>OpenText Linguistic Annotation - Word Level</u></b></p><b>Function</b>: head<br><b>Lemma</b>: βίβλος<br><b>Part of speech</b>: noun<br><b>Gender</b>: feminine<br><b>Case</b>: nominative<br><b>Number</b>: singular<br><b>Domains</b>: 6 33<br><b>Subdomains</b>: 6.64 33.52 33.38</p><h2>TBESG: <a class='d expand' href='d-OGNT G976'>G976</a></h2>
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
RevSteve

Re: Getting text to display correctly in a dictionary module

Post by RevSteve »

Yes, that is Levinsohn's?....it is more or less a very brief linguistic notes...in a commentary style setup.
Also references to other dictionaries is there.
I looked at it and (personally)wasn't interested in it.

I think though what you are seeing is what you would get but you have to think of it as a commentary.
I haven't made any commentaries and am not familiar with those particular tags...since I usually just do away with the tags that don't pertain to what I specifically want. Of course the <?/> is the end/close...at least that is the way I read it.
ALbeSh

Post by ALbeSh »

I'm not sure if i am being responsive here, but saving the text as an .html file results in readable formatted text. The TooltipNT utility over at biblesupport.com will accept this as input for a dictionary module. The topics will have to be appropriately identified for the module, and there is the issue of hyperlinks, but this might get you something to work with.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Thanks Albesh that helps me think. RevSteve it is from MySwors OpenGNT. I have permission from Mr. Wing the maker of OpenGNT
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Thanks for the help Costas and some research. I needed to swap the formatting for rtf types.