Black color fonts in hyperlinks?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
RevSteve

Black color fonts in hyperlinks?

Post by RevSteve »

Can black hyperlinks be done in rtf in a book module?
If so, what does it look like?
I would like standard black color font in hyperlinks, something that can be done in text editor.
I found ways to get some colors using \cf1-16 but none of them are black.
Various shades of reds, greens and blues and even white using \cf.

When converted to rtf no black so far, maybe someone can tell how to do it.
\cf1 is supposed to be black, isn't it?
What does \fonttbl do in the header? I thought that was black but that may not control the hyperlinks themselves.
RevSteve

Re: Black color fonts in hyperlinks?

Post by RevSteve »

I think I have about figured it out.
JG

Post by JG »

Can you tell us your solution. When I looked at testing it, the link color seems to disobey the code in the module, as if it is going to a default color for links.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

I can tell you what I know so far, which may not be sufficient.
First, I didn't have a clue what or how it was controlled so I had to figure that out.

After that, I experimented and so far, I believe you are absolutely correct, it doesn't strictly obey the color setting...that is in hyperlinks.
So in hyperlinks, one has to experiment to see what color he gets.
I assume you are familiar with the concept of the color table but still I will show what I did.
I haven't been able to get a black hyperlink but through experimenting, I could find some pleasing to the eye colors and some that would be acceptable for continuous text .
It yet may be possible to get black, I haven't experimented with every conceivable color pattern.
The color blue pattern (midnight blue) I chose has an appealing color to me and I have looked at it under different screen settings, bright and dim and shifting them fairly extreme.

Anyway, as far as I know this table has to be in brackets and for each color pattern, and then each one is accessed by cf1, cf2, etc.
I put the bracket right after the \fs20 but it may not matter the exact location in the header.
Then to access this color table, I put the cf (cf1 in my case) right past the \fldrslt in the hyperlink.

So for this midnight blue, I used the following...and since I only needed one color font...the following goes in the header.
{\colortbl;\red25\green25\blue112;}

Then this in the hyperlink:
fldrslt\cf1

Here is an example in a hyperlink:
TOB 1:1 {\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK "tw://Apocrypha.dct?t=Tobias" }}{\fldrslt\b\cf1{Tobias}}}

I found some pleasing green and red colors as well but I haven't been able to get black yet, it well may not be possible but some blues come very close to the black color.
I went with bold because at times, I couldn't tell the blue from the black but it always has the tinge of blue.
Here it is in bold:
Attachments
midnight blue.JPG
midnight blue.JPG (170.61 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
JG

Post by JG »

I tried changing the first color, black just one off black as below and made the hyperlinks cf1 again. It did not revert to the hyperlink blue. It looks black enough to me.

\red1\green0\blue0
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

As usual, you are the genius!
I had adjusted some numbers from standard and the text wouldn't even display and I didn't think like you did about changing it by just one number.

So I am in agreement with your solution.
Also, this information can be used by anyone looking for different color fonts in hyperlinks, colors that will look really good.
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

I do appreciate your help with this JG, my plans are starting to come together as I am working out the details.