Copy Verses formatting

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
forrestcupp

Copy Verses formatting

Post by forrestcupp »

I'm messing around with the formatting in the Copy Verses feature for copying verses to Microsoft Word. I have it close to how I'd like it, but I would love to be able to make the verse reference (book, chapter, verse) be in italics. Does anyone know if there is any way to do this?
JG

Re: Copy Verses formatting

Post by JG »

There is not a feature to make these italic. But you could put some tags in your placeholders that you could do a wildcard search and replace on to convert to italic text.
Just an example of what I mean.
At step 4 in the copy verses window, where it says before each verse you could put
<i>%v </i>

This would give something like this, which you could then search and replace in Word (wildcards checked)
\<i\>(*)\</i\>

Replace

\1

Font italic set in the Format.

John 1
<i>1 </i>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God. <i>2 </i>The Word was with God in the beginning. <i>3 </i>All things were created by him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created. <i>4 </i>In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DaneRic

Post by DaneRic »

Can this process be made automatic somehow, JG?
forrestcupp

Post by forrestcupp »

Thank you. Good idea. It would be nice if this could be worked into a future version. The option for bold text is in there, so it doesn't seem like it would be hard to also add an option for italics.

Thanks for the idea, though.
JG

Post by JG »

It probably can be added in the future. When that time is I don't know. That is why I do suggest workaround for things.
In Word it should be easy enough to make a macro and icon so that the process can be somewhat automated.
Or we must be content with what we have.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet