Want to search word+copy with all cross references

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
PeaceByJesus.com

Want to search word+copy with all cross references

Post by PeaceByJesus.com »

Is there a way in the search function (F3) to search for a word (like "it is written") and copy all the verses in the search results WITH the cross references and formatting you can get when copying a selection from the Bible view? Like "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine;" I will repay, saith the Lord. Deut 32:35; Matt 5:39; Luke 6:29; Heb 10:30.

But I want to copy all the search results like that, and thus show the OT reference when one is being quoted or invoked. Likewise with "Scripture" etc.

Also, can I exclude the [KJV]) part from being copied?

Thanks. Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord.
Last edited by PeaceByJesus.com on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathangkoehn

Re: Want to search word+copy will all cross references

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Maybe try selecting then copying to verse list and then from there?
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
PeaceByJesus.com

Re: Want to search word+copy will all cross references

jonathangkoehn wrote:Maybe try selecting then copying to verse list and then from there?
No, since the verse list does not show the cross references.
JG

Re: Want to search word+copy with all cross references

Post by JG »

The only way to get the xrefs with the text is to direct select and copy from the Bible view.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
PeaceByJesus.com

JG wrote:The only way to get the xrefs with the text is to direct select and copy from the Bible view.
I see that, but this means I must click on and copy each search result individually, which is time consuming with multiple search results. Also, that means of copying (ctrl+c) does not include the book, or chapter or verse reference:

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6 And thou Bethlehem, [in] the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.1 Mic 5:2; John 7:42

Using "copy verses," I can get chapter and verse, but not the xrefs, and I also cannot find an option copy with the book reference, nor to include book chapter and verse ref after the selection in paragraph mode as one block:

Copy verses option #14:

2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

2:6 And thou Bethlehem, [in] the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Rather than the below, which I can do with BPBible (no longer developed):

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. (Matthew 2:5-6)
JG

Post by JG »

you can do this in the copy verses.

Set things like this foe example

Annotation 2019-10-17 115922.jpg
Annotation 2019-10-17 115922.jpg (129.03 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

Then you can copy a range of verses from Bible view.
0001 Jon theWord_2019-10-17_120404.jpg
0001 Jon theWord_2019-10-17_120404.jpg (263.95 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
PeaceByJesus.com

JG wrote:you can do this in the copy verses.

Set things like this foe example
Annotation 2019-10-17 115922.jpg
Then you can copy a range of verses from Bible view.
0001 Jon theWord_2019-10-17_120404.jpg
Thanks! (%r)%n and #7 did it: And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every [word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years. (Deut 8:3-4)

However, I still see no way to include xrefs in copying as above, leaving the only way to include them to be "Copy selection" which does not include the book, cp. and v. ref.
JG

Post by JG »

Yes, this is a limitation.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software