Verse List sharing

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
DarrelW

Verse List sharing

Post by DarrelW »

I am running 2 instances of TW on Linux. I have extra.paths set in the second instance so I am using the modules installed on the first instance. That part is working perfectly.

I am having trouble sharing the my.vsls.twm file. I have it located in the first instance, and the config.ini file of the 2nd instance points to the first instance. When I create a new verse list in the 2nd instance it does not seem to appear in the first instance vsls file until I close the 2nd instance of TW. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding how to share verse lists between 2 instances of TW?

Darrel
JG

Re: Verse List sharing

Post by JG »

I have not tried this.. I would expect after I have saved in the first instance I would need to reload the file in the second instance as it does not seem aware of changes to the database file. To reload I would use the top left icon in the List view (Ctrl+W), select the current list. It then appears to reload the list with any changes.

I tried this by using a Symbolic link pointing from the second instance to the first and it worked by the above sequence of steps.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
Well it did work the first time, but then I selected another set of verses in TW instance 2 and saved them to a new list name. Then I went to TW instance 1 did CTL-W to refresh the list and the new list does not show!

I can open the database and it contains all the verse list names, but nothing appears to refresh the verse list names in instance 1. Instance 2 shows all names. Did you try saving more than one verse list and see if all show in the first instance?
JG

Post by JG »

I did not try making a new list. (I went to work instead)
So, I tried to get the List to refresh. The only way I found was to save a temp layout and load it back in.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet