Bible reference in Book view - Commentaries, My-Verse-Notes

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kiat

Bible reference in Book view - Commentaries, My-Verse-Notes

Post by kiat »

I believe I found a bug in the book view - Commentaries.
in my-verse-notes, I had created my own notes. This include some bible reference.

It is great that when the bible verses are reference inside my-verse-notes, there is a pop-up windows with the verses. This make some own reading and notes very convenient.

However, I noticed that if I happen to type in the bible reference wrongly and attempt to change it later. The software continue to refer to the old "wrong reference".

To simulate the error:
I type "Matthew 19:20-22, Luke 8:43-48" and then hit enter key
save the notes
I went back to amend the bible reference to "Matthew 9:20-22, Luke 8:43-48", Matthew chapter NINE instead of Nineteen. Hit enter key and save the text. Now if i move my mouse over to the "Matthew 9:20-22", it continue to reference "Matthew 19:20-22"
JG

Re: Bible reference in Book view - Commentaries, My-Verse-No

Post by JG »

You need to fix the reference either in the hyperlink dialog box (right click over the hyperlink-> hypertext link) Now in the area 2 and 3 put in the corrected data for "Target verse/topic" and area 3 "Text".

Or more simply when the hyperlink dialog is open, "Delete hyperlink", close dialog. Now you can fix the verse ref and detect again.

So it is not a bug, but a useful feature of hyperinking that the text link is not the full url.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Another way is this: place your cursor at the end of the hyperlink and hit backspace. This delete the link. Then move back and fix the reference, go to the end of the hyperlink and press ENTER or SPACE.
kiat

Post by kiat »

Thank you for the reply :)