clipboard-monitor doesn't work after longer inactivity

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Hg

clipboard-monitor doesn't work after longer inactivity

Post by Hg »

Hi Costas.

I've got the following problem with the clipboard monitor:

Usually, I don't shut down my computer for some weeks. Thus TW is running for the same period of time, beeing minimized to the system tray. After I haven't used it for some 2 days the clipboard monitor doesn't work anymore:

When I copy some text containing a reference TW does not react at all (at least not visible ;)). As you probably know, by now, I had to restart TW today, after another problem occured. After that I copied exactly the same text again (it was still selected in another application, so I'm pretty sure it was really exactly the same text) and the clipboard monitor showed the correct passage.

Usually, I dont have to close and restart TW in order to have the CM work again: It's enough to just maximize and minimize it back to the tray again, and CM will work perfectly fine, afterwards.

Another thing which might be connected to this problem (though, of course, it might be coincidence just at well): After some time of inactivity of TW (it beeing minimized to the tray) I cannot - as usual - restore TW by clicking on the Tray-Icon once. Instead I have to right-click the tray-icon and chose "Restore" to do so. This, too, is reverted to normal, after I restored the window.

I hope my description wasn't too confuse. :? If there are any more questions... ;)

Yours
Michael
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Dear Michael,
The issues you mention are indeed interesting but i am not sure they are related to TW...
I made a change concerning the CM and uploaded again (use the link i send you in private and get the new build). I understand that in order to test if the change was succesful, you probably need to leave TW open and not use it for 2 days... Well, i can be patient (not sure how else to trace this problem :oops:)

Costas
Hg

Post by Hg »

all right. I thought it would be somewhat hard to trace for you ;)

I'll have a look and see what happens over the nest few days. I'll try to remember to report again ;)
Hg

Post by Hg »

Hi Costas,

I tested the build you sent me and the cm seems to work fine, now :)

Thanks for your help - espacially since you couldn't reproduce the bug :shock:

Yours
Michael
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am glad it works (or at least seems to work). I am ready to listen to any unfortunate news, should it stops responding in the future :)

Costas
Hg

Post by Hg »

I hope, this won't be neccessary ;)

However, the problem occured quite irregularly in the past - so nothing is impossible :?