Problem with verse numbering in Translations Filos and Logos

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
pbuttercups

Problem with verse numbering in Translations Filos and Logos

Post by pbuttercups »

Lovely program, which I am enjoying using to learn Modern Greek and also to deepen my relation with Christ and been understand the message of the Bible.

I notice that when I go to John 1:51 in the translations called Filos and Logos, the text includes a 52. In fact when I compare the numbering of verses 40-50 in the texts, the verses are all one different from the numbering used in other translations. The problem can be traced back to verse 39. The text of verse 39 of these two translations corresponds to a longer verse 38 in other translations. Hence the difference in numbering and confusion at the end of the chapter.

BTW, could you tell how to contact the copyright holder of the S Philos translation? I am thinking of using the text as part of a commercial product.

Thanks,
Peter
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks Peter, i am glad you enjoy the program.

I fixed the 2 modules, pls see here: http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=117

Concerning the S. Filos: pls, send me a private email and i will answer with the details.

Costas