Search result link not working

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Ericson

Search result link not working

Post by Ericson »

Dear friend Costas,

This bug has happened with the previous beta and then it seemed to disappear, so I thought it could be something wrong with my Windows XP. It then reappeared with the last beta (619), but can't be reproduced every time you want. So please try the following...

1. Search the Bible text for any common word (like water, life or spirit) just to get a long search result link list.

2. Click on any link to show its verse text in the main Bible view.

3. Click anything in the main Bible view, like another verse or, even better, open an XRef in a second Bible view (CTRL+click).

4. Go back to the search result list and click another link there... Run steps 1 through 4 half a dozen times (or more) until the links on the search result list stop working.

God bless you richly
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Dear Ericson,
goot to hear from you!
I tried to repeat this error but i could not; it has never happened to me to click on a line on the search results list and not respond properly.

It really seems strange and i cannot think why something like that can happen. Anything to do with some of the options of the search view? Hmm, what else?

Try the newest build from http://download.theword.gr/bin/beta.tmp/theword.rar also.

Costas
Ericson

Post by Ericson »

As I said, the bug doesn't happen always, but I could reproduce it right before posting the report. I'll try with the new beta version.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It is a really strange error. It has never happened to me once. What is your OS?
Costas
Ericson

Post by Ericson »

Windows XP Pro SP2 Brazilian Portuguese
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil