Bible & study window links

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Ericson

Post by Ericson »

Very often when the links in the Bible or study windows are clicked, or sometimes just hovered upon by the mouse pointer, the program crashes and pops up its bug reporting window. This started to happen when I reinstalled Windows XP (SP2) and all the other programs by restoring the drive image, which is the same I've been using for more than a year. After restoring the drive image (for C:), The Word v2.0 was installed and then v3.0 beta1. The importer tool and the study modules now available on the site for version 3.0 were also set up. What's happening?
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I can think of many reasons that this can happen, almost all of them have to do with corrupted modules. There is also a case that some older development modules are incompatible!
Can you pls mail me the bug report? When this window pops-up, click on the "mail" button and send it to me. If this fails, just copy the error message (stack trace) and send it over!
Thanks brother,
Costas
Ericson

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

The reported 'bug' seems to have disappeared after I reinserted some missing blank lines in the Pt_BR.lng file and replaced a few command strings of v.2.0 which I had wrongly copied to create a v3.0 language file in Portuguese.

Ericson
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am not sure how this can help eliminate this error, but there is a saying: "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"
Costas :)