Foot notes

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
vcccdell

Foot notes

Post by vcccdell »

Appreciate the new betta. I like it very much. Thank you so much for your work. :D :D :D
Bad news :cry: for me, foot notes do not work. F2 key works though, but the notes are not seen.
May be i am doing something wrong. Please help me if someone knows how to make personal footnotes visible and inline with verses.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks for your comments!
The new version will provide much better support for notes; actually, the study view (orange one) will be fully editable, allowing you to edit your notes directly in there.
Now, concerning the footnotes of ver. 2: although you will be able to show your notes directly when edited in the new study view, unfortunately this is not possible now.
Let me see if i can provide a quick fix for this beta to convert the footnotes in a standard commentary module so you can view them either in the study view or inline with the Bible text. Give me a couple of days.
Costas
Ericson

Chapter headings

Post by Ericson »

Is there a simple way to localize (translate) into other languages chapter headings without having to work with the SQL database?
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
Ericson

Background colors

Post by Ericson »

If it's not too hard a feature to be created, it'd be nice to have all window background colors configurable.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Background colors

Post by csterg »

Ericson wrote:If it's not too hard a feature to be created, it'd be nice to have all window background colors configurable.
Dear Ericson,
this is already supported! You can customize all colors of the new Bible view. You can also change the background of the study view.

For the Bible view:
  • On the main menu click on Tools -> Bible view options. On the list at the left, click on "Fonts colors and styles". Now, you have a list of colors for everything that you can customize from there. Notice, that once you set some colors for one Bible view, then all other Bible views you create from this one 'inherit' these colors. In general, there is the idea of 'inheritance' in the Bible view options! Whenever you create a new Bible view, then all the options of the currently active Bible view are 'inherited' to the new.
For the Study view:
  • Click on the small arrow at the left of the left-most tab that selects a module. From the popup-menu choose "Options->Reader's background color" and that's all. Remember that the study view is only in preview here, the final version will be much more enhanced.
Hope this is clear,
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Chapter headings

Post by csterg »

Ericson wrote:Is there a simple way to localize (translate) into other languages chapter headings without having to work with the SQL database?
You can create your chapter headings in a simple text file with a form like:
"BookIndex|ChapterIndex|VerseIndex|Heading text " and from there it can be imported in an SQL db very easily. I can also add this script to the 'Importer' tool, so you can use it directly.

For example, create a new text file (e.g. headings.txt) and then write:
1|1|1|Heading before Genesis 1:1
1|2|4|Heading before Genesis 2:3
40|4|3|Heading before Mathew 4:3

Number the books from 1 to 66. To find out what number corresponds to each book, go to the "Bible tree" in the program, and from the little icon at the small toolbar of the Bible tree (the rightmost) select: "Book numbering"; thus, each book will be prepended with the number from 1 to 66.

Costas
vcccdell

Post by vcccdell »

csterg wrote: Let me see if i can provide a quick fix for this beta to convert the footnotes in a standard commentary module so you can view them either in the study view or inline with the Bible text. Give me a couple of days.
Costas
Thank you very much. Appreciate.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Uploaded new version with fix.
- Check what's new: http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=20.
- Download from main download page: http://www.theword.gr/en/index.php/w/beta.download (get only the "Latest binary" version, no need to download the big package)

Tell me if that works for now.
Costas
vcccdell

Post by vcccdell »

csterg wrote:Uploaded new version with fix.
- Check what's new: http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=20.
- Download from main download page: http://www.theword.gr/en/index.php/w/beta.download (get only the "Latest binary" version, no need to download the big package)

Tell me if that works for now.
Costas
Praise God!!! :D :D :D Everything works just perfectly the way i wanted it. May God bless you, Costas, for your time and help. REALY REALY REALY appreciate the Bible. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: