Right Click on superscripts activates popup box

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
jc2son

Right Click on superscripts activates popup box

Post by jc2son »

After installing TW v.4x on my system, hovering over superscripts in Bible view activates a popup relevant to the superscript (normal behavior). But then right-clicking on superscripts (new feature that simulates holding shift key) activates the same popup box as when right-clicking on Bible text (i.e., the one that offers various lookup/copying choices), which then covers the popup box that was activated by hovering over the superscript. It would seem that right-clicking on superscripts should never activate a box that offers lookup/copying choices since those choices are "text-centric."

Perhaps I'm merely misunderstanding the way this is supposed to work. Or perhaps my system is the only one experiencing this problem.

Blessings!

Jerry
JG

Re: Right Click on superscripts activates popup box

Post by JG »

jc2son wrote:After installing TW v.4x on my system, hovering over superscripts in Bible view activates a popup relevant to the superscript (normal behavior). But then right-clicking on superscripts (new feature that simulates holding shift key) activates the same popup box as when right-clicking on Bible text (i.e., the one that offers various lookup/copying choices), which then covers the popup box that was activated by hovering over the superscript. It would seem that right-clicking on superscripts should never activate a box that offers lookup/copying choices since those choices are "text-centric."

Perhaps I'm merely misunderstanding the way this is supposed to work. Or perhaps my system is the only one experiencing this problem.

Blessings!

Jerry

Jerry, thanks for mentioning this. It did work correctly at some stage, as per the bookview. I think we sort-of get used to it being that way in beta and just worked around it. Costas, has it down to correct (it is simply that the menu is appearing on mouse-down, instead of mouse-up).

The workaround in Bible view is to keep the right mouse button down and once the "popup and menu" appear, move the pointer to the popup and now (with the rmb still down) press the left mouse button. So now the menu will have gone and the popup will be active.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet