Search Books Issue

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
John45

Search Books Issue

Post by John45 »

I have v4.0.0.1348 loaded. I tried to do a Search Books, but couldn't enter any text in the search window. Any ideas?

John
John
DarrelW

Re: Search Books Issue

Post by DarrelW »

I don't know if this helps or not, but I am running 1348 and the book and bible search windows work great. I can enter and search for text entry.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

this is strange indeed.
Are you referring to the Book Search View (F2) ?
John45

Post by John45 »

Yes, when I pressed F2, it brought up a narrow pane to the left with a search window at the top. I have tried to enter text in the search window, but am unable to.

John
John
John45

Post by John45 »

When I attempted this search before I clicked on View and then Search Books F2. After reading Costas' note, I tried again using F2 and it worked just fine. So I closed it and went into it using View/Search Books F2 and it still seems to work fine. Weird Huh?

John
John
JG

Post by JG »

Maybe the module was in process of indexing. The only clue is the progress % at the bottom left of the status bar.
Was this a new module?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
John45

Post by John45 »

No new modules have been added recently. The issue was that there was text in the search entry box in parentheses saying that was where text was to be entered. Even though I clicked on the box and attempted to enter text, I could not. Today when I go to Search Books F2 the text is not in the box and I can enter searchable text. Quite a mystery, I guess.

John
John
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Strange indeed. Try to see if it happens again and report back here,
thank you
Costas