Windows 8 search difficulty

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
dnstnbrg

Windows 8 search difficulty

Post by dnstnbrg »

Hi, I've been using The Word for several years now and really like it. I just got a new computer with Windows 8, and I just downloaded a fresh installation of the Word from your website. When I went to search the Bible in the Bible search window, I kept getting a pop-up window that said "Cancel Searching?" I figured out that it was only searching 1 verse at a time, beginning with Genesis 1:1, and after every verse it asked me if I wanted to cancel. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Don
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Windows 8 search difficulty

Post by csterg »

Hi Don,
thank you for reporting this error. This happens when you press the ESC key. theWord seems to think that the ESC is always pressed.
Can you think why this can be? IN general, this has not been reported before (apart from 1 time in linux which was not related).
Costas
dnstnbrg

Post by dnstnbrg »

Thanks! My ESC key was stuck, and now it works fine! Sorry to trouble you, and thanks for all you do in developing and supporting free Bible software. I used it during seminary, and so did a friend of mine from India who couldn't afford anything else - he's back there now training native pastors who may want to use it as well.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Great!