Autocomplete causes wrong verse selection

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
breyed

Autocomplete causes wrong verse selection

Post by breyed »

If the timing is right (or wrong as the case may be), when you modify the verse in the verse toolbar, your modification is lost. This is easy to miss (especially before you are aware of the bug) and have you wondering why the verse doesn't match what you expected. Once you realize you're on the wrong verse, you then wonder if maybe the verse doesn't exist and your reference was wrong, since theWord doesn't seem to let you go there. Eventually, you realize it's a bug in theWord and report it. :-)

Repro:
  1. Press F4.
  2. Type Ps 119:1.
  3. Press Enter. So far, so good.
  4. Quickly type this sequence: F4, End, 1, Enter. Notice that while you expected to go to verse Ps 119:11, you really stayed on verse 1.
You may have to repeat the sequence a few times to reproduce the timing-related bug. (Or try to just get work done and let Murphy's Law repro it for you. :-)
SDB

Re: Autocomplete causes wrong verse selection

Post by SDB »

I've experienced similar problems on Version 3, but Version 4 works fine.
breyed

Post by breyed »

I experience this problem on version 4.0.0.1342, running Windows 8 on an Intel Core i5 and a ATI Radeon HD 5670. (Since it's a timing-related problem, it's hard to say which of these factors is involved.)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hm, I tried it a few times and could not reproduce. I am sure it does happen, but i would say it's really minor,
Costas
breyed

Post by breyed »

It's minor in that there is an easy workaround. On the other hand, it cuts into productivity around navigation, a core feature, which makes it somewhat important.

I noticed that only the gap between pressing 1 and Enter is sensitive to timing. That is to say, to repro, you can press F4 and End at your leisure, and then press 1 followed in rapid succession by Enter.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Check build 1355 please.
Costas
breyed

Post by breyed »

It's fixed. Thanks!