Paste

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
JG

Paste

Post by JG »

Cannot paste from menu or keyboard into "target" in hyperlink dialog.

Woops!
Maybe I was a bit quick on this one. I can do it if i select manually enter target. Clearly the dialog had defaulted to the top option.
Don't really know if this is of any concern.

Jon
Last edited by JG on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Is the 'target' text box grayed out?
JG

Post by JG »

Costas I have edited post.
but to answer your question. No not grayed out, but could not add or delete or paste.
Actually it is at the second option.
Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Jon Graef wrote: but to answer your question. No not grayed out, but could not add or delete or paste.
I need more info on that one. Does it seem like a bug?
I was able to paste in the target text box (if not grayed out of course) with no problem,
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

I will have to find the exact conditions, will get back to testing in a week.
Jon
JG

Post by JG »

Costas, I have found the situation.
I am going through the process of creating a commentary. I decided I would create a chapter Gen 1. In this chapter I made a link to an mp3 file for genesis chapter 1. I think you can see what happens if you try to add a another link. The dialog will default to Bible and thus the 3 option of target can have the cursor placed in it but no actions can take place. Manual select obviously solves the "problem". It is shown as grayed, but this is not obvious on my laptop. I don't necessarily need a fix for this like many other things, but I do mention it for the novice users, as on these database files it is easy to loose info.

p.s. I did find an Sqlite editor that would only update if you saved the file, this would be a useful feature!!! for TW4 ?
Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

OK, i got it now. It is indeed as deisgned.

What do you mean by the sqlite editor?
JG

Post by JG »

Costas. I Can send the prog to you.
What I was meaning was that if TW had the same feature of, (I think editing a copy of the file,) then at least you have an opportunity to revert back to an original if you mess up. Or you can choose not to save.
file in e-mail
Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is no problem to do in TW.
At this moment, i thought that the easiest way to edit notes is not having any 'save' button but just save every time something changes.
To be honest, it wouldn't be that hard to keep a history of previous versions of each topic and restore it if you do something wrong. But seems too much...
Costas