Two Book Views Logic with commentary links in bible

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
JG

Two Book Views Logic with commentary links in bible

Post by JG »

Costas I still have a lot of "logic " issues with two book views. A simple question on behavior.

With two book views open. Commentary links on in bible views.

Book view 1 just has commentaries. No linking selected, and staple icon also deactivated(problem here as well perhaps).

Book view 2 Has com, dict, books. All linking on. Staple icon is on.

Now select Book view 2, select some commentary links in bible view. Why is this displayed in the inactive none linked book view.

Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The answer is this:
clicking on a book link (either from the Bible or Book view) works with the following logic:
Assume X is the module the click refers to. Y is the module of the active book view.
1. First try the active view: if X=Y then use this view
2. Then try all other views: if X = [active module of view] then use this view
3. Try again with other views: if other view has module X then use this view (and change module).
4. Try again with active view: if active view has module X then use this view
5. If nothing works, ask the user to create a new view or add the module to an existing in order to view it.

The logic behind this is this:
try NOT to distract the user from the active view UNLESS the link is within the module he currently sees. This works nicely if you click a link from the Book view. You don't want the view to jump around.

Does it make sense? At least it works as planned :)
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Costas, thank you for the logic of the views.
Now I know the logic, it works as you say.
I should have asked originally and this would have saved time.

Jon
JG

Post by JG »

Costas,
Could book view have another option to only link the commentary to one bible view.
Could scripture refs indicated in commentary or book etc be directed to open in the inactive bible view, by default (I can hold ctrl, I know)
When mouse hover over book search results, could they open in a popup as you have bible view over words, strongs etc
(these suggestion are for two bible and two book view arrangement)
Thought I would suggest rather than bug hunt today.
Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Jon Graef wrote:Costas,
Could book view have another option to only link the commentary to one bible view.
Could scripture refs indicated in commentary or book etc be directed to open in the inactive bible view, by default (I can hold ctrl, I know)
This will require a re-design of the linking. Not that hard. Wrote in todo list.
When mouse hover over book search results, could they open in a popup as you have bible view over words, strongs etc
Also in todo. Good suggestion.

This is the bug-hunt period (due to the release). After that the 'suggestion' period will start again.
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Thanks Costas, back to bug hunting then.
Thank you for considering the suggestions.
Jon