I thin it's a simple fix work...

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
marcelo.betel

I thin it's a simple fix work...

Post by marcelo.betel »

Hi Costas!

Thank you for your really non stop good surprising program...

I think you could do some tweaks to get that a little more used to accentuations (latin letters).

First, the search engine can not find words written with that accentuation signals; this forces the user to write differently from the right way... (no á, à, é, í, ó, ú, ç, etc.)

Some of the book abbreviations (OT) are wrong in portuguese. So the search and the link on notes have to be written differently from what we use in portuguese.

Gn
Êx
Lv
Nm
Dt
Js
Jz
Rt
1Sm
2Sm
1Rs ----- on notes, forces me to use Reis, then erase "ei"
2Rs -----
1Cr ----- on notes, forces me to use "chr"
2Cr -----
Ed
Ne
Et

Sl
Pv
Ec
Ct
Is
Jr
Lm
Ez
Dn
Os
Jl
Am
Ob
Jn
Mq
Na
Hc
Sf
Ag
Zc
Ml

Any fix (about that) avaible?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: I thin it's a simple fix work...

Post by csterg »

Marcelo
for the first query: please click on the Details tab of the search view and check the 'Ignore case and diacritics' option. This controls what you want.

For the second query: you can do it yourself: open the portuguese.lng file and look for the Search.Patterns section. Make the correction there and let me know if it works.

Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Marcelo,
do you have the latest version of the .lng file? version=4.0.0.1358-79
I don't find a problem in detection of the ones you pointed out. We had spent some time with Rúbio Terra, fixing this and he has not reported any problems.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

JG wrote:Marcelo,
do you have the latest version of the .lng file? version=4.0.0.1358-79
I don't find a problem in detection of the ones you pointed out. We had spent some time with Rúbio Terra, fixing this and he has not reported any problems.
Yes, these abbreviations work fine in Portuguese. Maybe you didn't install the Brazilian Portuguese translation. Do you have it installed?
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil