Interface corrupted? Menu items include actFile actView

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
jose-comeJesus

Interface corrupted? Menu items include actFile actView

Post by jose-comeJesus »

I recently uninstalled my previous The Word version (I do not have the version to hand but it might have dated to c. May 2013) because I suspected its setup became corrupted somehow, apparently, and so I uninstalled it (if I remember correctly) and downloaded and installed the most up-to-date The Word program file (v 4.0.0.1342). The same type of problem occurs with this new version; please see screenshot attached:-

- The menu items are: ActFile, actView, Tools, Windows and actHelp
- The layout shown is not recognizable.

When launching this new version the first time, the problem seemed to have resolved, but not when reopening it during at least the next two PC sessions.

Perhaps some folders under Users/username/AppData need to be removed before trying a clean install?

Any thoughts would be welcome. The Word is an excellent programme and I can't wait to keep using it!

Best wishes,

Jose J
Attachments
Corrupted The Word installation - has actFile, actView menus.png
Corrupted The Word installation - has actFile, actView menus.png (44.31 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
JG

Re: Interface corrupted? Menu items include actFile actView

Post by JG »

Problem was reported here. viewtopic.php?p=30582#p30582

Not sure what your specific solution would be, but something along the lines of the info I supplied in the above post.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet