View Layout (new bug since 1402)

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
delaing

View Layout (new bug since 1402)

Post by delaing »

I have had to switch back to v.1402 due to this issue so I am missing out on some excellent additions to the GUI.

I just tested this on 1415 and it is still exhibiting the problem.

Problem 1 - View Layout Recall:
When switching from one saved View Layout to another, TW is not recalling the correct "saved" layout. It appears to not be doing anything in the way of changing to match the saved layout's arrangement. If I select "Single Monitor" it shows as below. And, if I choose "2 books Dual Monitor", it will show as below. This appears to behaving this way from 1402 forward.

Problem 1 example: (click on images to expand)
v.1415 - This is the incorrect "Single Monitor" layout.
layout - single monitor.png
layout - single monitor.png (156.56 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
back to 1402 - Here is what it should look like.
layout - single monitor CORRECT.png
layout - single monitor CORRECT.png (208.04 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
I am using a dual monitor arrangement in Windows 7 professional. I have no display issues with any other programs and 1402 functions as expected on dual setup.
Thank you,
Delain
csterg
Site Admin

Re: View Layout (new bug since 1402)

Post by csterg »

Delain,
as I understand from your description, it appears that just ignores the command to switch layouts: is that correct?
Costas
delaing

Post by delaing »

When I first startup 1415 and then select a view layout, TW will switch from whatever view I have as my (good) layout to something that is not one of my saved views. When I try to switch back to the good layout, it acts as if it does nothing.
Note- this behavior is also linked to the other bug post I submitted at the same time related to how TW does not respond to mouse clicks in the book module label headings.
Thank you,
Delain
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks. I will need the errors.log at first to see if there is something recorded in there
Costas