Popup window issues

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
therapon

Popup window issues

Post by therapon »

Build 672 (but I think its been there a while) with commentary links showing after each verse, Ctrl-hover over the link and a window pops up with the commentary in it. The scroll bar functions correctly unless you reposition the window. If you drag the window to a different position, the area below the button on the scroll bar doesn't work once it has moved down from the top; you can't click in it and have it page down. The area above it does at least in part, it depends on how much text is displayed.

Also, this "problem" appeared in 672; the Ctrl-hover over a commentary link does a lookup in the dictionary first. If an entry is found, it displays the dictionary instead of the commentary (ones with names like Psalms, Henry). If there is no entry, the commentary is displayed and as long as Ctrl is pressed and the mouse doesn't leave the immediate area of the links, any other links will reliably bring up the commentary.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Popup window issues

Post by csterg »

therapon wrote:Build 672 (but I think its been there a while) with commentary links showing after each verse, Ctrl-hover over the link and a window pops up with the commentary in it. The scroll bar functions correctly unless you reposition the window. If you drag the window to a different position, the area below the button on the scroll bar doesn't work once it has moved down from the top; you can't click in it and have it page down. The area above it does at least in part, it depends on how much text is displayed.
I am confused. Which scrollbar are you referring to?
Can you elaborate, seems important but i cannot understand your point
Also, this "problem" appeared in 672; the Ctrl-hover over a commentary link does a lookup in the dictionary first. If an entry is found, it displays the dictionary instead of the commentary (ones with names like Psalms, Henry). If there is no entry, the commentary is displayed and as long as Ctrl is pressed and the mouse doesn't leave the immediate area of the links, any other links will reliably bring up the commentary.
Fixed! This had been semi-fixed in the past, but i noticed that there were still cases that this happened. It should be OK now.
Costas
therapon

Post by therapon »

When you hover the mouse over a commentary link, the commentary for the verse pops up. Hold the Shift key, move the cursor over the popup window and the prompt at the bottom changes to "Drag here..." If the commentary text is too long to fit into the popup window (for instance, Matthew Henry's commentary), there's a scroll bar on the right side. If you click and drag on the button, it scrolls up and down; clicking the up and down arrow buttons at the top and bottom of the scroll bar scroll it up and down as does clicking in the space between the scroll button and the arrows. Works just like you'd expect with a Windows window!

However, ... if you drag the popup to a different position on the screen, the scroll bar no longer functions properly. The down arrow is inoperative, the bottom half or so of the area below the scroll button is inactive, the only way to scroll down is to click the button and drag it. But once the button is more than halfway down, the cursor I-beam doesn't change and clicking on it doesn't do anything. The up arrow functions to scroll up, clicking in the upper part of the scroll bar area pages up the text but the bottom portion of the scroll bar area doesn't work.

I just checked and (as you might expect) the same behavior is present in a dictionary popup or an extended verse text popup (e.g., Psalm 119 as a hyperlink). The simplest way to duplicate the behavior is hover over a link that pops up a window with a vertical scroll bar; move the mouse over the popup, drag it some other place on the screen; then try to click the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar or the area just above the down arrow. Nothing should happen.

Therapon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fixed!
Thanks for the elaborate explanation!
Costas