KJC does not link to Bible View

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
rdwray

KJC does not link to Bible View

Post by rdwray »

The only way that the KJC will work is if Brown or Thayer (I have combined both) is selected when a word is clicked, this is true even if Brown and Thayer are not selected in Bible view options > Word lookup dictionaries. Image of settings attached (MyCon is a concordance I want to create)...
Attachments
BVO.JPG
BVO.JPG (89.07 KiB) Viewed 3284 times
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: KJC does not link to Bible View

Post by JG »

Not sure what to say. Perhaps you should look at your settings for "Word click options"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I checked all of the "Word click options" and it did not have any effect. Have you got this working?
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

Seems to work with these settings.
2015-03-20 00 31 12.png
2015-03-20 00 31 12.png (30.26 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I have the same things selected. Have to have Brown/Thayer selected before the word is selected in any of the modules - ver 1442.
JG

Post by JG »

Please post here your config.ini, so we can get the exact setup.

Is the KJC from theWord site or is that one third party. Check what the id is please.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

The KJC:
From theWord.com
Version date: 6/27/2009
Identifier: d16
No further info.

config.zip
(8.36 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
JG

Post by JG »

I put the file as a zip to upload it.

When I use that info, I don't see anything checked in "Word Click options" tab, and Strong's is not at the bottom of the list either. Also in the book view the option at the paperclip icon, does not indicate "Link this view even if inactive". That can be an issue also.
2015-03-20 09 25 27.png
2015-03-20 09 25 27.png (28.12 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I double checked and the options were not checked - I checked, saved view and they are not "checked".

I made sure the "Paperclip > Link this view..." is checked.

When I click a word, it jumps from KJC to Strong's and does select the right word. I click on KJC and the word is selected - but cannot select KJC and have it stay on KJC.

I also noticed that it always jumps to BV1 if "Link this view..." is not selected.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I just removed Brown/Thayer from TW and now KJC does not show the selected word. It appears that KJC is linked to B/W.
JG

Post by JG »

I overlooked the setting you have in the Strong's tab. It would need to be set as shown for word click to work on a Strong's number. It is also better to have Strong's as the last item on the Word click options, tab.

2015-03-20 16 20 17.png
2015-03-20 16 20 17.png (28.47 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

That did get KJC working but created another issue. The link no longer shows on the words and not all words have links; also I had to select "Show strong definitions on popup window only when CTRL is pressed" because I was continually getting the popup.

The Idea situation would be for the link to be present rather than having to switch between modules or pressing the CTRL key on a word that does not have a link.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

How about another option "Use selected dictionary"?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 3234 times