Unable to install updated modules from "Add Titles"

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
RubioTerra

Re: Unable to install updated modules from "Add Titles"

Post by RubioTerra »

It installs fine now. Being a little picky I can see a minor inconsistency, the "Install location" field still displays the "common modules folder" even though it didn't install the module there. Shouldn't it be set to the real install location?
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

While I'm at it, I noticed that if I choose not to restart theWord after updating a module and get back to the "Add Titles..." dialog, the module still shows as outdated. The same with new modules, they don't get marked as installed until I restart theWord.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

RubioTerra wrote:It installs fine now. Being a little picky I can see a minor inconsistency, the "Install location" field still displays the "common modules folder" even though it didn't install the module there. Shouldn't it be set to the real install location?
This is correct. This is the default location for new modules. In the case of a module update, the module will need to replace the existing file wherever that is.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

RubioTerra wrote:While I'm at it, I noticed that if I choose not to restart theWord after updating a module and get back to the "Add Titles..." dialog, the module still shows as outdated. The same with new modules, they don't get marked as installed until I restart theWord.
When you update a module, what happens is that the module does not really get over-written until you restart theWord. So, until then, you use the old module, so it correctly shows that.