funny boxes appear when using Hebrew and Arabic fonts?

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ffs

funny boxes appear when using Hebrew and Arabic fonts?

Post by ffs »

Machine using:

theWord ver. 5.0.0.1450 Bibles: Arabic and Hebrew Bibles, installed via Wine software
Linux Ubuntu machine version 15.04

Bug report:

As you can see in the attached screenshot of theWord viewing one of the Arabic Bibles 'AraSVDV' there are two major issues with the preview of Bible verses:
1. the lines of the verses are not aligned correctly one beneath the other as they should be
2. there appear some funny boxes in flow text and most probably they refer to punctuation marks in the Bible text
3. Titles show funny boxes instead of text in Hebrew Bible

These two issues DO NOT appear when the Bible has English text, they only appear when I used Arabic fonts (Droid Arabic Naskh is my favorite Arabic font) or Hebrew fonts (I tend to use the Droid Sans Hebrew). However in the Hebrew font I noticed that the alignment looks fine but still these funny boxes do appear in text wherever punctuation marks should appear AND the whole titles.

Can you please help me fix this bug. God bless you.
Attachments
theWord_Hebrew.png
theWord_Hebrew.png (195.35 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
Screenshot from theWord.png
Screenshot from theWord.png (215.99 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
csterg
Site Admin

Re: funny boxes appear when using Hebrew and Arabic fonts?

Post by csterg »

Concerning the boxes: this is a font issue, just try another font.

Concerning the arabic: this might be in-solvable but i bet that using another font will also revolve this issue.
Costas
ffs

Re: funny boxes appear when using Hebrew and Arabic fonts?

Post by ffs »

Thanks, you are right. The displayed text is fixed when I changed the Hebrew font to “SBL Hebrew”, and that solved the problem for Hebrew completely but for Arabic text “Kawkab Mono Light” minimized the issue to a great extent, though not completely solved. I hope there is some fix soon, but it is manageable.