bad link in RWP @ Acts 15.6 -- Lk 3.13 should be Lk 13.13

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kenfhill84083

bad link in RWP @ Acts 15.6 -- Lk 3.13 should be Lk 13.13

Post by kenfhill84083 »

In RWP @ Acts 15.6 : I will let it up (ανορθωσω). Old verb from ανορθοω (ανα, ορθος), to set upright. See on Lu 3:13 of the old woman whose crooked back was set straight.

Reference should be Lu 13.13
JG

Re: bad link in RWP @ Acts 15.6 -- Lk 3.13 should be Lk 13.1

Post by JG »

Thanks, I will fix as time permits.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:Thanks, I will fix as time permits.
Is this something that a volunteer could do? If so, I would volunteer.
JG

Post by JG »

Thanks for the offer, but there is more involved than just the fix.

Edit:
I just noticed that references like Jude 1:13 are showing a popup for Judges. Also the introduction to James is duplicated and seems odd. Does anyone have a hardcopy of the introduction that they could compare for us?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:I just noticed that references like Jude 1:13 are showing a popup for Judges. Also the introduction to James is duplicated and seems odd. Does anyone have a hardcopy of the introduction that they could compare for us?
I do not have a dead-tree version, but I have RWP in Logos. Based on that, the TW module's intro is duplicated.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:I just noticed that references like Jude 1:13 are showing a popup for Judges.
Your observation, RE Jude 1.13 links, is confirmed here @ 1 Thes 1.4 , Titus 1.4 , 2 Pet 1.5 , Jude. Also in RWP article @ Jude, the link to Jude 1.1 also pops up in Judges.
JG

Post by JG »

kenfhill84083 wrote:
JG wrote:I just noticed that references like Jude 1:13 are showing a popup for Judges. Also the introduction to James is duplicated and seems odd. Does anyone have a hardcopy of the introduction that they could compare for us?
I do not have a dead-tree version, but I have RWP in Logos. Based on that, the TW module's intro is duplicated.

Is the intro correct, apart from being duplicated?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:Is the intro correct, apart from being duplicated?
As far as I can tell they are the same. I did not compare word-for-word, but each section starts and ends the same in both.

The "special books on Jude" looks more like a bibliography than the bunched together text in TW, but that is just formatting.
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry I mean to compare the book intro of James
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:Sorry I mean to compare the book intro of James
oooooops. :shock: :roll: got sidetracked. :oops:

It looks to me like the text in TW's intro to James is the same as the text in Logos intro to the general epistles.

In TW, when I search for the first words in Logos' James intro I come up with no matches.

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fus ... BN/RTD/RBN has the words in Logos RWP intro to James.

It looks to me like the intro to general books is duplicated twice but the intro to James is missing.

But there is no entry in the TW topic tree for the general epistles intro

Hope that makes sense.
JG

Post by JG »

kenfhill84083 wrote:
JG wrote:Sorry I mean to compare the book intro of James
oooooops. :shock: :roll: got sidetracked. :oops:

It looks to me like the text in TW's intro to James is the same as the text in Logos intro to the general epistles.

In TW, when I search for the first words in Logos' James intro I come up with no matches.

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fus ... BN/RTD/RBN has the words in Logos RWP intro to James.

It looks to me like the intro to general books is duplicated twice but the intro to James is missing.

But there is no entry in the TW topic tree for the general epistles intro

Hope that makes sense.
OK I understand. I will remove the duplicate and add the missing data for the introduction to James, at the top.
I have fixed all the Jude verse refs that point to Judges.
Also fixed your original issue in Acts 15:16 to read Lu 13:13
Made Gentium font 12 instead of 10 to make it clearer (normal practice as Gentium displays small)

OH no, I just noticed that my last fixes for version 1.2 (6/10/2012) did not get uploaded. I have to start over and apply the fixes to the 1.2 version. Never mind, these things happen....
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

If possible could you copy the General Epistles Into from Logos and put it in a rtf file and zip and post it here so I can check the Greek we have. It does not make sense.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:If possible could you copy the General Epistles Into from Logos and put it in a rtf file and zip and post it here so I can check the Greek we have. It does not make sense.
Here it is. Hope it is OK -- I use libreoffice as my wp. This RTF file is RWP:
  • general epistles intro
    James intro
Not sure what copyright issues there may be (if any). If you think there may be a problem, could you delete the zip file from the forum when you get it? Thanks.
JG

Post by JG »

Thank you. That has clarified the strange text. I deleted the transliterated portions. I added the other book references. I am just quickly stepping through all the topics and fixing any major formatting issues. Will have it ready for upload in the next day or two, hopefully.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

ok I think I have checked enough. The download should be via the "Add Titles.." in theWord.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software