bad link in Utley commentary @ Matt 11.14

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kenfhill84083

bad link in Utley commentary @ Matt 11.14

Post by kenfhill84083 »

In Utley's You Can Understand the Bible: Study Guide Commentary Series a link says Mal 3.1 but the popup displays Matt 11.1. Almost immediately after, there is a reference to "4:5" which I assume is Malachi 4.5 but in Utley it is not a link. (see below)

Is this the right place to report these kinds of issues?

----
Jesus asserted that John fulfilled the prophecy of the return of Elijah before the Messiah from Mal. 3:1 and 4:5,
JG

Re: bad link in Utley commentary @ Matt 11.14

Post by JG »

@Costas
Is there any way to include the word "and" in the detection?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I just downloaded the 5/8/16 update.

The Mal 3.1 link now is correct.

But the following link "4:5" - which should be to Mal 4.5 - links to Matt 4.5.
JG

Post by JG »

This is true, I was aware of it, but unless Costas can make the standard verse reference detection include the word "and" we either have to accept these odd cases that are wrong or we don't detect any implicit references at all. We have tended to allow some bad ones to exist.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:This is true, I was aware of it, but unless Costas can make the standard verse reference detection include the word "and" we either have to accept these odd cases that are wrong or we don't detect any implicit references at all. We have tended to allow some bad ones to exist.
Thanks for the clarification. It didn't compute the 1st time (my life story).

In a case like this, would it be feasible to explicitly make the "4:5" appear as "Mal 4:5"? It is a manual fix but I assume it was a manual fix for "Mal 3:1" too.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:@Costas
Is there any way to include the word "and" in the detection?
Jon,
tw verse detection does not detect verses with previous context in mind at all, it does only with the current commenary verse context in mind.

So in that particular case, the 4:5 would not be parsed as Mal 4:5 but as Matt 4:5, as this is a commentary text on Matt 4, but this is not what is being asked here.

Costas