Clipboard Monitor

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
JG

Clipboard Monitor

Post by JG »

Costas, try to get the CM to function on the below text.

who had been such from the beginning of the faith, from the day of Pentecost (Acts 2). See also Mat 5:21, Mat 5:27, Mat 5:33; Luk 9:8, Luk 9:19; Act 15:7, Act 15:21; 2Co 5:17; 2Pe 2:5; Rev 12:9; Rev 20:2;

There seems to be a problem with (Acts 2). that stops any of the other texts being shown.
Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fixed.
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

Costas,

When I try to use the CM direct after the start of the program (start and minimize), the popup recognizes it correctly, but shows no content (only the parsed reference is shown). When I click then (or first) in a Bible window all goes well. It seems that at the start of TW not always the same (neither the last used) window is active. It seems that for the CM to work, the Bible view must be activated once before. Don't remember this from some versions ago.

Regards, Gert-Jan
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello Gert-Jan,
is it posssible that when you start the selected module is OT only? Then you clidk on a OT+NT module and it works (and you have chosen for CM to use the current Bible in File->Preferences->Clipboard monitor)
Costas
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

Ah, I see...

I have 2 Bible views open, whereof one is incomplete (contains only parts of the OT and parts of the NT).
This Bible view has nr [1] and is therefore probably used for the CM at the start?
Now that I changed the windows (in [1] the full OT+NT) everything is 'as is used to be'.
So the CM is working correctly. (At such times it would be useful to if the translation used was mentioned, but in many cases I don't need that.)
Still many times (always) I start TW the Search window is active, and not the last used window. Is this by design?

Thanks,
Gert-Jan
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Gert-Jan wrote:Ah, I see...

I have 2 Bible views open, whereof one is incomplete (contains only parts of the OT and parts of the NT).
This Bible view has nr [1] and is therefore probably used for the CM at the start?
In File->Preferences you have many option for what Bible is used for the CM.
The new version (not uploaded yes) 'falls back' to the default Bible if the one used does not contain the verse you requested.
Now that I changed the windows (in [1] the full OT+NT) everything is 'as is used to be'.
Check your options!
At such times it would be useful to if the translation used was mentioned, but in many cases I don't need that.
I don't understand this.
Still many times (always) I start TW the Search window is active, and not the last used window. Is this by design?
TW uses a peculiar approach to the windows: there is an active window per window type. So, if you have 3 bible views, one of them is active (caption color is darker). The same applies for other types of views.
You obviously refer to the focused control: yes, it's true that this is not saved (not easy because everything is dynamic)
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Costas, hello I am on a break for a moment and looking at this. I think Gert-Jan, is expecting to see the translation being used for the CM shown on the window, as one would for a popup over a verse.
Jon
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

Hi again,
csterg wrote:
Gert-Jan wrote: Now that I changed the windows (in [1] the full OT+NT) everything is 'as is used to be'.
Check your options!
It works the way I like it now, but I didn't change anything in the options (still using the current translation for the CM). I use two Bible views, one with a full Bible text, and one with gaps (partially OT + full NT). When starting TW the one with the partial Bible text always got nr [1] and probably therefore was used for the CM. Now I changed my layout such that in nr [1] the Bible with full OT+NT is shown, and from the start of TW on, this translation is used now for CM popups.
csterg wrote:
Gert-Jan wrote:At such times it would be useful to if the translation used was mentioned, but in many cases I don't need that.
I don't understand this.
I meant the translation's shortname could be displayed in the CM popup (as JG said). But actually, I think it has not much use.
csterg wrote:
Gert-Jan wrote: Still many times (always) I start TW the Search window is active, and not the last used window. Is this by design?
TW uses a peculiar approach to the windows: there is an active window per window type. So, if you have 3 bible views, one of them is active (caption color is darker). The same applies for other types of views.
You obviously refer to the focused control: yes, it's true that this is not saved (not easy because everything is dynamic)
Indeed I meant the focused window.

Regards, Gert-Jan
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I meant the translation's shortname could be displayed in the CM popup (as JG said). But actually, I think it has not much use.
I agree, no reason to put this there. Let me leave it out,
Costas