[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Windows 10 Installation Issue 

Post Windows 10 Installation Issue
I've tried installing theWord in several different ways. I keep getting this error message:
Quote:
The installer should only be run by the main theWord installer.

I just purchased a new laptop. I figured the easiest way to "install" theWord, was to copy the files off the USB drive you sent into a single folder under Documents. It ran fine on the laptop. It was using version 4 though, so I had it download the new module, ver 5. Download went great, but it wouldn't install. Kept getting the error message above.

I tried moving the files to either of the two Program Files folders. No joy. Same error message when updating. I tried uninstalling those and doing a full install with your latest module. No joy. Same error message. I turned off the virus program. No joy. I went into Safe Mode and tried that. No joy.

The only thing that worked was to upgrade the files on another Win7 laptop (work laptop), and then copy them over. I'm sure there's a better way, and since I'm retiring shortly, I won't have the work laptop for long.

Any ideas? Could it make a difference that I haven't registered the new laptop with Microsoft?

Thanks,
Chris

Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:37 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Windows 10 Installation Issue
This is now resolved

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]