Frozen view

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Ericson

Frozen view

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

Here's what happened today... (screenshot was sent by e-mail)

1. I closed all of the lower study views leaving only the Bible tree, the main Bible view and the search view open (see screenshot).

2. Then I created a new study view and set it floating.

3. Now, when I dragged the study view all the way down the screen, pushing it almost entirely out of view so that only its caption bar could be seen, both the program and the PC froze immediately. To be more precise, the study view caption bar rested exactly on top of the program's 'status bar' (lowest bar on TW3 window), as shown by a red rectangle at the lower right hand corner of the attached screenshot.
Unfortunately, I couldn't screenshot this because the PC was frozen. At this moment, CPUIdle jumped to a 100% processor usage. No other programs were running at the time.

4. Next, TW3 v3.0.0.617 beta was completely removed through 'Add or remove programs' in the Windows XP Control panel, and then installed anew.

5. The procedure described above in steps 1 through 3 was repeated and both the program and the PC froze again exactly the same way.

NOTE: In the final version, please don't forget to enable those little minimize/maximize buttons!

Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks Ericson.
I traced it and solved it.
Will upload soon a new beta to check it over!

Costas
Leoram

Re: Frozen view

Post by Leoram »

Ericson wrote:Dear Costas,
Here's what happened today... (screenshot was sent by e-mail)

1. I closed all of the lower study views leaving only the Bible tree, the main Bible view and the search view open (see screenshot).

2. Then I created a new study view and set it floating.

3. Now, when I dragged the study view all the way down the screen, pushing it almost entirely out of view so that only its caption bar could be seen, both the program and the PC froze immediately. To be more precise, the study view caption bar rested exactly on top of the program's 'status bar' (lowest bar on TW3 window), as shown by a red rectangle at the lower right hand corner of the attached screenshot.
Unfortunately, I couldn't screenshot this because the PC was frozen. At this moment, CPUIdle jumped to a 100% processor usage. No other programs were running at the time.

4. Next, TW3 v3.0.0.617 beta was completely removed through 'Add or remove programs' in the Windows XP Control panel, and then installed anew.

5. The procedure described above in steps 1 through 3 was repeated and both the program and the PC froze again exactly the same way.
I was also able to reproduce this behaviour in a similar way and it happened when I set the Study view floating. Thanks Bro. Costas for taking care of this.

WinXP Pro Sp2.

[/quote]
Leoram