TW crashes when deleting a module then viewing previous one

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ErikJon

TW crashes when deleting a module then viewing previous one

Post by ErikJon »

When deleting a commentary module from within bookview window, once it is deleted, if I attempt to display a different commentary module, namely the one that was previously displayed in the same window, such as by pressing ALT+ARROW LEFT, I get an error message, and immediately the program stops working correctly, windows do not minimize correctly, and I can no longer select other modules easily from the tabs. I must force the program closed. I did not attempt to repeat the problem, but you may have time to test that.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: TW crashes when deleting a module then viewing previous

Post by JG »

I could not repeat the lockup situation; I did get a small dialog saying that there was a problem with a module....
Costas will need to look at cleaning the history of deleted modules, which I suspect has been overlooked.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Re: TW crashes when deleting a module then viewing previous

Post by ErikJon »

O.K. That post was from a few weeks ago, but the same thing happened to me last night. In fact, this time I did not use keyboard navigation, but clicked on the arrows or else the tabs, and started to get abnormal reactions, blank windows, etc.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.