Minor Topics Drop Down Issue

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
vervalin

Minor Topics Drop Down Issue

Post by vervalin »

TW Support,

I have noticed a minor issue with the “Topics” drop down in version 5.0.0.1480 (the most recent version I am aware of). The “Devotional” drop down works fine.
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (12.63 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
I use Windows 10 and have multiple displays (3). When TW main screen is on Display 1 everything works as expected (the drop down opens immediately next to the “Topics” button).

However, whenever I have TW main screen on Display 2 or Display 3, the "Topics" drop down displays in the red area only on Display 2. In other words, it does not open immediately next to the little “Topics” drop down button. It opens in an exact region that is on Display 2 and not near the Topics drop down button. I hope that makes sense.
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (13.77 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
Thanks as always for TW – awesome study tool.

God Bless,
Paul
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Minor Topics Drop Down Issue

Post by csterg »

Paul,
this is a glitch with the menu system and it is really hard to resolve.
I will just classify this as 'wont fix'
Costas
vervalin

Post by vervalin »

Thanks Costas,

Do you know if it happens in all situations or is this behavior "triggered" by things like having too many Topic entries in the drop down or by something else? The reason I ask is because the "Devotional" drop down seems to work find but it has fewer entries that the Topics drop down. Just curious if there might be a "work-around" on my side that would correct things.

Paul
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Paul,
this is just an issue with multiple screens. This is a very hard to fix bug, it has nothing to do with the number of topics
Costas