[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Topic tree will not stay collapsed 

Post Topic tree will not stay collapsed
I have a user commentary prepared for my own notes. I set the options for the topic tree to remain collapsed, and yet it expands, every time that I click on a given Bible verse in Bibleview. How do I keep the topic tree collapsed? (See screenshot)

Attachments:
TW tree will not remain collapsed.jpg
TW tree will not remain collapsed.jpg [ 309.36 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Post Re: Topic tree will not stay collapsed
Just don't show the tree at all.

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Well, what I mean is, to show the root nodes of the tree without any of the subnodes, for example. (e.g., chapters without individual verses, etc.)

I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:27 pm

An alternative it to not synchronize/link the Book view, or make your Bible view a view target (eye icon) and it will not produce any sync action (see its tooltip).

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Well, I will look into that possibility, but so far, it does not sound like what I needed, as I need my other commentary windows to link to the Bible text at all times. I have about five other commentary windows open simultaneously, but I use the sixth one as my personal commentary. I was trying to add chapter-level comments of my own, from chapter to chapter, but was frustrated as I saw that the topic tree would constantly expand when I clicked on the text. So, if I disable the linking for that one window, may I assume that the other commentary windows will not be affected? And if I jump around from OT to NT in my studies, I will have to do a lot more scrolling, each time I make my own personal comment on a passage, as the linking will no longer be active. No need to answer this last post, as I will just look into what you said before continuing to comment.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]