Window jumps when underlining

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
rdwray

Window jumps when underlining

Post by rdwray »

I have 3 synchronized windows. If I have a verse selected in window 1, I can set window 2 to any other verse and underline a word with no issue. If I set window 3 to any verse other than what is selected in window 1 and underline a word, both window 2 and window 3 jump to the verse selected in window 1.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: Window jumps when underlining

Post by JG »

For each window can you state which of the other two Bible views have been chosen to sync
as this example. Then someone can try the same setup
Bible view [1] = [3]
Bible view [2] = [1][3]
Bible view [3] = [2]
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

If you are asking if I can sync any window with any window - yes. Do you want my config.sys file? Be aware that I have my backgrounds set to black.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

ok the config.ini will be fine.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

config.ini attached.

Edit: The order of the windows is: Left = 2; Center = 1; Right = 3.
Attachments
config.zip
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
JG

Post by JG »

I am not sure the Bible windows get numbered the same with me using your config.ini

I suggest you check what views are synchronized to follow each other.

From your config.ini I get

Bible view [1] sync is on. Follows [2]
Bible view [2] sync is off
Bible view [3] sync is on. Follows [1]
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

So the issue as I see it is you have wrong expectations as to what view is following (synched) to each other.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Let's start over because I lied, I should have looked at the title bar. Left windows is 1, center is 2, right is 3.

Center [2] is synced to left [1] and left synced to right [3], so what you have is correct.

So why does both 1 and 3 jump to the verse in window 2 when I try to underline? Should not they be independent because 1 does not jump to the verse in 2 when underlining in it?

I am going to move the windows around and put 1 in the center to see what happens.
JG

Post by JG »

So you appear to have forgotten how to synchronize the Bible views?

You have hidden the icons for each Bible view, so you need to Ctrl+T in each view to toggle them. Then I suggest you restart theWord at this point.
Now in each Bible view look to see what sync setting you have.

Help on this is here if you need to refresh your memory.

http://www.theword.net/manual/bible_view.htm
see Synchronization between Bible views (last heading)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Edited:
I moved window 1 to the center, 2 to left and 3 to right. 1 is not synced, 2 is synced to 1 and 3 is synced to 2. Now if I underline in 2 or 3, 2 and 3 jump to the same verse that is selected in 1.
JG

Post by JG »

It works correctly according to the settings.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Doesn't make sense, I am only talking about underlining a word and windows jump to a different verse.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

1481 seems to have solved this issue.
JG

Post by JG »

can you try 1480 again to check
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I don't know what is going on because I was using 1477 and I just tried it after installing 1481 with English.lng and changelog.txt and even it does not jump any more. I will do some more testing and get back, this doesn't make sense either unless you know something that I don't?????