Verse Target

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
therapon

Verse Target

Post by therapon »

I have a floating Bible View assigned as Verse Target, also 2 other Bible Views. Clicking on a verse hyperlink anywhere opens in the Verse Target Bible view regardless of which view is active. Clicking on a verse in (F3) Search results opens in the active view, not necessarily the Target Bible view. If one view is specified as the Target, I would expect clicking a verse link anywhere to show up in that view. Is there a reason why Search results behave differently?

therapon
JG

Re: Verse Target

Post by JG »

It is working as designed. See this from the manual (bold added)

Verse Target: Select to make this Bible view a target for displaying verse links. If this Bible view is a Verse Target, then every time you click a verse reference link, this view will display the verse. If no Bible view is a Verse Target, then the active Bible view is used to display verse links.

You should notice the following:

• When a Bible view is set as a Verse Target, then it will not produce synchronization events; no Book views or Bible views will be synchronized while this option is turned on for this view.
• The Verse Target view will only respond to verse links: not to the Bible Tree, Bible Search View, F4 quick access menu
• Holding down the CTRL key causes the same Bible view to be used to display a link, even if a Verse Target view exists.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Re: Verse Target

Post by therapon »

I understand that, and the manual is not entirely correct. If the Verse Target is the active view, then it does indeed respond to Bible Search View and F4 Quick Access menu.

My question (re-stated) is: why is TW designed so the Verse Target responds to the Bible Search View only when it is the active view?

For my usage, that is what I expect to happen and it is most helpful to me when that is the way it works. The current design requires that I make sure the Verse Target is active, then click the link in Bible Search View. I don't always remember to do that :)

I rarely if ever want the search results to show up in what I use as the main Bible view. I want to look at the search results in context and compare with the contents of the 2 other Bible views.

therapon