When re-booting, some module abbreviations revert

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ErikJon

When re-booting, some module abbreviations revert

Post by ErikJon »

Recently I have been doing lots of experimentation with the use of different module sets within the same main layout, but only regarding my commentaries.

Previously I had six bookview windows open simultaneously and two Bibleviews, but all of my bookview windows were using the same module set. I created a new commentary set, with most modules ungrouped at the root level, and three folders besides these, also at root level. I realized that I would have to re-name some of the module abbreviations in order to make more of the modules fit into the tab bar at the same time, so I re-named all of them to the shortest form that I could still recognize. Now, however, what happens is that, after re-booting, often--but not always--some of these abbreviations revert to the former abbreviations that I had assigned them previously.

NOTE: Strange things have happened in TW occasionally in the past, whenever I power down the computer without first closing the open program. I often lose some aspects of my layout, and the last-used bookview and Bibleview windows do not return to the last-used passages, but to the last-closed layout or last-saved layout, and this, in itself, is also inconvenient.

OpenOffice 5, has always thought that I lose data that needs to be recovered, whenever I power down without first closing an open and saved document, so TW Portable is not alone on this.

Incidentally, as it may be related, with 1900 modules installed, TW takes a long time to shut down, in my case; even though the interface window itself closes, my task manager shows that the program continues to run for another minute or two, in the background.

However, the problem that I am describing today in TheWord has happened several times, even when I close the program before powering down the computer. As I recall--not sure--this has only happened in the past week that I have been creating new module sets, re-saving old ones with new names, and opening new ones to use, within my old layout.

The screenshot shows that, while all modules were assigned a one-word abbreviation during the past week of use, there is a tiny handful of modules that revert to the old name, each time, but they are not always the same modules each time (i.e., one day the Kretzmann commentary may revert, but on another day, the "Bible Verse Statistics" commentary may revert, etc.) Consequently, I do not think that there is anything inherently defective in the modules themselves.

Any ideas?
Attachments
tw.jpg
tw.jpg (232.54 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.