Bible view displays Hebrew with left-shifted vowel pointings

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ffs

Bible view displays Hebrew with left-shifted vowel pointings

Post by ffs »

I have HiSB “Hebrew Interpolated Study Bible” installed on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine using wine. The font used is “SBL Hebrew”. However, in the Bible view I noticed that the vowel pointing of Hebrew text is not displayed properly as they are shifted slightly to the left which gets in the way of reading Hebrew.
This screenshot is from the software (see the left shifted vowel pointing compared to a screenshot from a Hebrew Bible book above it showing the same verse from Genesis 25:1).
How to fix this problem? Thank you for the great software.
Attachments
Hebrew vowel pointing in the Hebrew book.
Hebrew vowel pointing in the Hebrew book.
TW_Book_Hebrew.png (21.98 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
Hebrew as displayed in the software.
Hebrew as displayed in the software.
TW_Hebrew.png (21.41 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
JG

Re: Bible view displays Hebrew with left-shifted vowel point

Post by JG »

The problem only exists on Linux using Wine. Windows 10 is fine, so maybe there is an issue with Wine.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Re: Bible view displays Hebrew with left-shifted vowel point

Post by DarrelW »

I want to confirm that this issue still exists under the latest Wine. I am running Ubuntu Mate 17.04 with Wine 2.16 and the vowel pointing still appears shifted.

You might consider install Oracle VirtualBox, install your Windows installation disk, install the base TW package, copy all your TW files into that directory (you'll want to install it in the ProgramData directory), then you should see all pointing displayed just as if it was a full Windows computer.

VirtualBox plays beautifully in Linux and allows you to run true Windows programs in Linux. I've been doing this for a long time. I do admit that I am doing more in BibleAnalyzer because it is a true Linux program, and is rapidly catching up with TW in original language areas (you have to install the latest beta to see these features). Prayerfully at some point Costas will develop a Linux version (??) of TW, although I don't think I will hold my breath while waiting! :lol:

Darrel