Search bypassing verses

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
rdwray

Re: Search bypassing verses

Post by rdwray »

The goal is to give the proper names to individuals such as Yehoshua (the name that was given to the Son of God) because they are given so high priority by God, it is enough to have the reference to the name readily available in a commentary module; all the Strong numbers have been hyperlinked. Every verse that contains a mistranslation will have the correct translation available at a glance so I don't have to stop and look it up.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If you look at the tip for "not" on the detailed page of the search window it should explain it well.

Basically NOT indicates that if this word is found in a verse ignore the entire verse.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Perhaps a feature where we can search on a previous search (possibly search on the list view) or strip away search results may help.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Should be a word search, not a verse search.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Here is the tip on "not"
Use the "NOT" operator if you want to negate the word expression/word following it.
Example:
NOT Jesus

will match those verses that do not contain "Jesus".

TIP: You can use the "~" character instead of the word "NOT".
Any further light on this Costas? Is it verse (line) based or word based?