[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072 
Author Message
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8551
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
New version has been released!
Check what's new.

Download/upgrade here

Thanks to everyone for ideas and constructive feedback,
Enjoy,
Costas

P.S. @beta-testers: pls, check this upgrade since it will be included in a great number of CDs that will be created immediately


Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 309
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
I noticed that when selecting Bible texts to view in the compare view that when a text is clicked on it no longer is highlighted.

I thought that when selecting texts in the compare view that might only be available in only either the old testament or the new testament would still stay selected even if you were in a testament which the module didn't contain. I would previously select various OT & NT modules and the NT modules would show up if I was in the NT and the OT modules if I was in the OT. But now the selections for NT modules become unchecked if I'm in the OT and the selections for the OT become unchecked if I'm in the NT.


Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Gig Harbor, WA. USA
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Hello Costas,

I really like this new search feature! I've been playing around with it for a few minutes and it works wonderfully. Makes searching many Bibles easier & quicker - but you already knew that - that's why you created the feature! I like it a lot.

One small thing I noticed - though -was that it took a minute or two for me to find where to click to choose the Bible sets (clicking on the drop down arrow next to the word you're searching for).

Is there maybe a way that you could make that a little easier to see and find? That's the only thing I noticed. Other than that, it works great. Thank you.

_________________
S. Dahl


Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 118
Location: London, England
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Hi Costas,

Another brilliant new release. Being able to search multiple Bibles so easily is really verym very handy and is a feature that I shall find very useful.

God bless you for all that do to help His people study His Word more efficiently.

Tony Dowden.

_________________
Words are the clothes our thoughts wear


Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:51 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 856
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Just curious ... when I downloaded the "new" release it showed as version 1070. When I downloaded the latest beta it shows as version 1072. Did I miss something?

Darrel


Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8551
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
mathetes wrote:
I noticed that when selecting Bible texts to view in the compare view that when a text is clicked on it no longer is highlighted.

I thought that when selecting texts in the compare view that might only be available in only either the old testament or the new testament would still stay selected even if you were in a testament which the module didn't contain. I would previously select various OT & NT modules and the NT modules would show up if I was in the NT and the OT modules if I was in the OT. But now the selections for NT modules become unchecked if I'm in the OT and the selections for the OT become unchecked if I'm in the NT.

Sorry, i am unclear on this. Can you elaborate pls?


Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8551
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
sdahlinghwa wrote:
H
One small thing I noticed - though -was that it took a minute or two for me to find where to click to choose the Bible sets (clicking on the drop down arrow next to the word you're searching for).

Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
I agree also that it can be tricky. How about adding a menu item to the drop-down button with the config options? (the one that has the "New search window...", "increase..." etc)
Costas


Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8551
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
DarrelW wrote:
Just curious ... when I downloaded the "new" release it showed as version 1070. When I downloaded the latest beta it shows as version 1072. Did I miss something?

Darrel

Hm, this is strange.
The latest one you get from the site should say 1072. Would it be possible to retry this pls?
Costas


Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Gig Harbor, WA. USA
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
csterg wrote:
Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
I agree also that it can be tricky. How about adding a menu item to the drop-down button with the config options? (the one that has the "New search window...", "increase..." etc)
Costas
Hi Costas,

Is there just a way to make the drop down button more obvious - like put the word "options" on the button?
Or maybe make it brightly colored (& maybe with a special arrow on it) so that it can't be easily overlooked?
Just something to make it more noticeable, so that users will click there, even if only to see what's there.

Once they click there they will know what it's for.

_________________
S. Dahl


Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:27 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 856
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
I wonder if I must have caught things "in transition", because now when I install the minimal package it installs 1072 whereas an hour ago it installed 1070. Hmm. Mute issue since it installed correctly this time. Thanks Costas.

Darrel


Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8551
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
sdahlinghwa wrote:
csterg wrote:
Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
I agree also that it can be tricky. How about adding a menu item to the drop-down button with the config options? (the one that has the "New search window...", "increase..." etc)
Costas
Hi Costas,

Is there just a way to make the drop down button more obvious - like put the word "options" on the button?
Or maybe make it brightly colored (& maybe with a special arrow on it) so that it can't be easily overlooked?
Just something to make it more noticeable, so that users will click there, even if only to see what's there.

Once they click there they will know what it's for.

The space there is limited; i agree that once someone finds out, it's easy.
I am not very happy with any of these to be honest; i will leave it as is for now until a better idea comes up,
Costas


Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 309
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Quote:
I noticed that when selecting Bible texts to view in the compare view that when a text is clicked on it no longer is highlighted.


Sorry, i am unclear on this. Can you elaborate pls?


I did a new install and found that when a vista skin is used and you "select Bible text for compare view" the current text will not be highlighted when you click on it. I didn't try all the other skins but the other ones I tried seemed to be ok.


Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Posts: 3479
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Hi, I am trying to understand what you mean but I am still note sure. Can you show it in a screenshot? markup

_________________
Jon
the
Word 5 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet


Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 309
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Quote:
Hi, I am trying to understand what you mean but I am still note sure. Can you show it in a screenshot? markup


Select View | Skin | Vista Blue. Click on the little arrow next to the "Compare" button and select "Select Bible Texts for Compare View". Click on any Bible text and it will not get highlighted to show it was clicked on.


Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:23 am
Posts: 236
Post Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072
Hi,

I tried this with the Vista blue and compared KJV and LITV and scriptures highlighted correctly. Running Win 7

Roy


Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.