Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072

Post by csterg »

New version has been released!
Check what's new.

Download/upgrade here

Thanks to everyone for ideas and constructive feedback,
Enjoy,
Costas

P.S. @beta-testers: pls, check this upgrade since it will be included in a great number of CDs that will be created immediately
mathetes

Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072

Post by mathetes »

I noticed that when selecting Bible texts to view in the compare view that when a text is clicked on it no longer is highlighted.

I thought that when selecting texts in the compare view that might only be available in only either the old testament or the new testament would still stay selected even if you were in a testament which the module didn't contain. I would previously select various OT & NT modules and the NT modules would show up if I was in the NT and the OT modules if I was in the OT. But now the selections for NT modules become unchecked if I'm in the OT and the selections for the OT become unchecked if I'm in the NT.
sdahlinghwa

Post by sdahlinghwa »

Hello Costas,

I really like this new search feature! I've been playing around with it for a few minutes and it works wonderfully. Makes searching many Bibles easier & quicker - but you already knew that - that's why you created the feature! I like it a lot.

One small thing I noticed - though -was that it took a minute or two for me to find where to click to choose the Bible sets (clicking on the drop down arrow next to the word you're searching for).

Is there maybe a way that you could make that a little easier to see and find? That's the only thing I noticed. Other than that, it works great. Thank you.
S. Dahl
tonydowden

Post by tonydowden »

Hi Costas,

Another brilliant new release. Being able to search multiple Bibles so easily is really verym very handy and is a feature that I shall find very useful.

God bless you for all that do to help His people study His Word more efficiently.

Tony Dowden.
Words are the clothes our thoughts wear
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Just curious ... when I downloaded the "new" release it showed as version 1070. When I downloaded the latest beta it shows as version 1072. Did I miss something?

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

mathetes wrote:I noticed that when selecting Bible texts to view in the compare view that when a text is clicked on it no longer is highlighted.

I thought that when selecting texts in the compare view that might only be available in only either the old testament or the new testament would still stay selected even if you were in a testament which the module didn't contain. I would previously select various OT & NT modules and the NT modules would show up if I was in the NT and the OT modules if I was in the OT. But now the selections for NT modules become unchecked if I'm in the OT and the selections for the OT become unchecked if I'm in the NT.
Sorry, i am unclear on this. Can you elaborate pls?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

sdahlinghwa wrote:H
One small thing I noticed - though -was that it took a minute or two for me to find where to click to choose the Bible sets (clicking on the drop down arrow next to the word you're searching for).
Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
I agree also that it can be tricky. How about adding a menu item to the drop-down button with the config options? (the one that has the "New search window...", "increase..." etc)
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:Just curious ... when I downloaded the "new" release it showed as version 1070. When I downloaded the latest beta it shows as version 1072. Did I miss something?

Darrel
Hm, this is strange.
The latest one you get from the site should say 1072. Would it be possible to retry this pls?
Costas
sdahlinghwa

Post by sdahlinghwa »

csterg wrote:Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
I agree also that it can be tricky. How about adding a menu item to the drop-down button with the config options? (the one that has the "New search window...", "increase..." etc)
Costas
Hi Costas,

Is there just a way to make the drop down button more obvious - like put the word "options" on the button?
Or maybe make it brightly colored (& maybe with a special arrow on it) so that it can't be easily overlooked?
Just something to make it more noticeable, so that users will click there, even if only to see what's there.

Once they click there they will know what it's for.
S. Dahl
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I wonder if I must have caught things "in transition", because now when I install the minimal package it installs 1072 whereas an hour ago it installed 1070. Hmm. Mute issue since it installed correctly this time. Thanks Costas.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

sdahlinghwa wrote:
csterg wrote:Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
Costas
Hi Costas,

Is there just a way to make the drop down button more obvious - like put the word "options" on the button?
Or maybe make it brightly colored (& maybe with a special arrow on it) so that it can't be easily overlooked?
Just something to make it more noticeable, so that users will click there, even if only to see what's there.

Once they click there they will know what it's for.
The space there is limited; i agree that once someone finds out, it's easy.
I am not very happy with any of these to be honest; i will leave it as is for now until a better idea comes up,
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

I noticed that when selecting Bible texts to view in the compare view that when a text is clicked on it no longer is highlighted.

Sorry, i am unclear on this. Can you elaborate pls?
I did a new install and found that when a vista skin is used and you "select Bible text for compare view" the current text will not be highlighted when you click on it. I didn't try all the other skins but the other ones I tried seemed to be ok.
JG

Post by JG »

Hi, I am trying to understand what you mean but I am still note sure. Can you show it in a screenshot? markup
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Hi, I am trying to understand what you mean but I am still note sure. Can you show it in a screenshot? markup
Select View | Skin | Vista Blue. Click on the little arrow next to the "Compare" button and select "Select Bible Texts for Compare View". Click on any Bible text and it will not get highlighted to show it was clicked on.
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Hi,

I tried this with the Vista blue and compared KJV and LITV and scriptures highlighted correctly. Running Win 7

Roy