[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Cross References 

Post Cross References
I want to set up some bible studies in the TW. I want to use cross-references for each study.

I would like to have the Name of the cross-reference displayed next to the actual cross-reference. That way I can tell what the subject of the bible study is beside the cross reference. Is there a way to do this?

Secondly - Is there a way to display/print a List of all the references for a cross-reference with the full text?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Cross References
rearle wrote:
I want to set up some bible studies in the TW. I want to use cross-references for each study.

I would like to have the Name of the cross-reference displayed next to the actual cross-reference. That way I can tell what the subject of the bible study is beside the cross reference. Is there a way to do this?
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by 'name'. Have you checked the verse lists?
Cross-references have no name associated.
Another solution is just to use a generic book and add these in a topic.

Quote:
Secondly - Is there a way to display/print a List of all the references for a cross-reference with the full text?

Well, if it is a verse list, yes. The clipboard monitor could be used if you have them one below the other in a module (by creating a temporary verse list).
Costas

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 am
Profile WWW

Here is what I did -

1. Created a Commentary verse list for each Bible study name like - Heaven.
2. Created a cross-reference named - Heaven.
3. Went to each verse in the Bible study and assigned it to the verse list - Heaven and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text.

4. Created a Main Subject list (book) with the Names of all the Bible studies and the beginning verse for each Bible study.

Now I can go to the Main subject list and pick a Bible study and click on the starting text and then I can click my way thru the
Bible study ( I turned on the 'back link' - very nice. This is just the way I have my Bible marked.)

Great software! :D

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:45 pm
Site Admin

Great way! Thanks for sharing,
Costas

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:50 am
Profile WWW

@rearle or costas

It seems me, that you have a answer for my request: http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2232. Am I right?

If so, please could you explain your way, again. Possibly with more detailed steps, or a pictures? I would be very thankfull of that.

Thanks a lot Obelixus

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

Obelixus - yes I think this is what you want - I will post a couple of screen shots soon..

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 am

rearle wrote:
Obelixus - yes I think this is what you want - I will post a couple of screen shots soon..

@rearle: Anny news? If it is to complicate to post screen shots, maybe you could explain it in a more detailed way... It would be very nice.

For instance:
- How did you create a Commentary verse list? What kind of user-Modul?
- How did you create a cross-reference? What kind of user-Modul?
- What do you mean "and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text

Thanks a lot. Obelixus

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Obelixus wrote:
rearle wrote:

@rearle: Anny news? If it is to complicate to post screen shots, maybe you could explain it in a more detailed way... It would be very nice.

For instance:
- What do you mean "and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text

Thanks a lot. Obelixus

I found a some answers for my questions. But to be sure, that I'm on the right way, I would like to write it down here, and if there are wrong, I hope somebody will help me.

Obelixus wrote:

It means just to create a new User Modul named Commentary, and there to write in the relating bibelverses according to the subject (like Heaven). So for each Subject a new Commentary User Modul?

Obelixus wrote:

In the windows "Add cross-reference", when a cross-reference will be joined to a bibelvers, it is possible to open a new "cross-reference" with a special name (like Heaven). As well here, for each Subject a cross-reference named for each subject?

Obelixus wrote:

Now I go to the User Modul Commentary "Heaven" where all bibelverses relating to my study "Heaven" are writen down and assign it to the ????

From here I do not see anymore clear? Maybe somebody can help me? But overall it seems me very difficult to handle all the different objects, when I like to do that for let us say 1000 subjects! Or I did not understand it in a prober way.

Thanks in advance!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]