[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:57 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Cross References 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:52 pm
Posts: 4
Post Cross References
I want to set up some bible studies in the TW. I want to use cross-references for each study.

I would like to have the Name of the cross-reference displayed next to the actual cross-reference. That way I can tell what the subject of the bible study is beside the cross reference. Is there a way to do this?

Secondly - Is there a way to display/print a List of all the references for a cross-reference with the full text?


Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8536
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Cross References
rearle wrote:
I want to set up some bible studies in the TW. I want to use cross-references for each study.

I would like to have the Name of the cross-reference displayed next to the actual cross-reference. That way I can tell what the subject of the bible study is beside the cross reference. Is there a way to do this?
Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by 'name'. Have you checked the verse lists?
Cross-references have no name associated.
Another solution is just to use a generic book and add these in a topic.

Quote:
Secondly - Is there a way to display/print a List of all the references for a cross-reference with the full text?

Well, if it is a verse list, yes. The clipboard monitor could be used if you have them one below the other in a module (by creating a temporary verse list).
Costas


Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:52 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Cross References
Here is what I did -

1. Created a Commentary verse list for each Bible study name like - Heaven.
2. Created a cross-reference named - Heaven.
3. Went to each verse in the Bible study and assigned it to the verse list - Heaven and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text.

4. Created a Main Subject list (book) with the Names of all the Bible studies and the beginning verse for each Bible study.

Now I can go to the Main subject list and pick a Bible study and click on the starting text and then I can click my way thru the
Bible study ( I turned on the 'back link' - very nice. This is just the way I have my Bible marked.)

Great software! :D


Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:45 pm
Profile
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 8536
Location: Corfu, Greece
Post Re: Cross References
Great way! Thanks for sharing,
Costas


Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:50 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Schweiz
Post Re: Cross References
@rearle or costas

It seems me, that you have a answer for my request: http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2232. Am I right?

If so, please could you explain your way, again. Possibly with more detailed steps, or a pictures? I would be very thankfull of that.

Thanks a lot Obelixus


Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:52 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Cross References
Obelixus - yes I think this is what you want - I will post a couple of screen shots soon..


Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Schweiz
Post Re: Cross References
rearle wrote:
Obelixus - yes I think this is what you want - I will post a couple of screen shots soon..


@rearle: Anny news? If it is to complicate to post screen shots, maybe you could explain it in a more detailed way... It would be very nice.

For instance:
- How did you create a Commentary verse list? What kind of user-Modul?
- How did you create a cross-reference? What kind of user-Modul?
- What do you mean "and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text

Thanks a lot. Obelixus


Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Schweiz
Post Re: Cross References
Obelixus wrote:
rearle wrote:
Obelixus - yes I think this is what you want - I will post a couple of screen shots soon..


@rearle: Anny news? If it is to complicate to post screen shots, maybe you could explain it in a more detailed way... It would be very nice.

For instance:
- How did you create a Commentary verse list? What kind of user-Modul?
- How did you create a cross-reference? What kind of user-Modul?
- What do you mean "and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text

Thanks a lot. Obelixus


I found a some answers for my questions. But to be sure, that I'm on the right way, I would like to write it down here, and if there are wrong, I hope somebody will help me.

Obelixus wrote:
- How did you create a Commentary verse list? What kind of user-Modul?

It means just to create a new User Modul named Commentary, and there to write in the relating bibelverses according to the subject (like Heaven). So for each Subject a new Commentary User Modul?

Obelixus wrote:
- How did you create a cross-reference? What kind of user-Modul?

In the windows "Add cross-reference", when a cross-reference will be joined to a bibelvers, it is possible to open a new "cross-reference" with a special name (like Heaven). As well here, for each Subject a cross-reference named for each subject?

Obelixus wrote:
- What do you mean "and cross-referenced it to the next text and underlined the text

Now I go to the User Modul Commentary "Heaven" where all bibelverses relating to my study "Heaven" are writen down and assign it to the ????

From here I do not see anymore clear? Maybe somebody can help me? But overall it seems me very difficult to handle all the different objects, when I like to do that for let us say 1000 subjects! Or I did not understand it in a prober way.

Thanks in advance!


Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.