Costas, 600th forum entry and TW 3 UPDATE

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you so much for your prayers, they are very helpful, be sure of that.
I am touched with your encouragement; maybe in the future i will share some details of the actual work being done (i realized a few days ago that it's been 3 yrs since the release of version 2, that's a long time, i should better hurry up!)
Costas
coords

Post by coords »

As much as we are looking forward to the new version's release, your welbeing goes way beyond that of the program.

God bless you and your family Costas.
Garth
Born once, die twice; born twice, die once! - Martin Luther
Bro_Marko

Post by Bro_Marko »

I just had to register to this forum just for the sake to ask the question:

"How long will you keep us in suspense?" (John 10:24) If you have the version ready tell us plainly.

Any hope for this month?

This program is like an addiction :shock:
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Let me be honest: i planned to have it the weekend that just passed. But i didn't make it. Family, secular job, church and other more urgent things got in the way. I cannot control that. Believe me i am more anxious than you and i am doing my best (also, i need to sleep :))
Please, keep this work in your prayers so that God takes over this!
Sorry for keeping you in suspense, i really don't mean to do that,
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

aaaahhhh!!! tricked once again. I think we need a forum titled "Announcements of Pending Versions and Updates". Every time I see there has been a post in this forum my hopes of a new release go way up only to be dashed by the cruel reality that fate has dealt once again. :)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hm, i should disable the email notifications :)
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

We'd better meditate on Hebrews 10:35-37; Romans 8:25 and Romans 5:3-5 :) and, at the same time, pray for Costas, that our Lord shall renew strength not only to him but also to his family.
Leoram
larry

Post by larry »

csterg,

i say take a week ... month ... or 2 months .... off ..... go someplace nice with your family & the chrildren have a wonderful refreashment and fulling of the Spirit of are Holy and wonderful Father each evening, forget about the update and remember what is truly important....
larry

Post by larry »

take your time csterg ... i will be praying ... for you and your family ... for our Father to wrap His loving arms around all who you call loved ones and to keep you and them safe for what comes your way each day !!! May your life be long and filled with happiness of children playing at your feet and a loving wife at your side.

i love your "Word" but would gladly give it up to see you with your famly and at church praising & worshing our Father.
sleep well my brother and know that Father is watching over your and yours at all times and throught all things.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you Larry for this. How wonderful to have the prayers and support of my brothers in the Lord.
I am glad you understand this!
Costas
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

Yes.. take the time you need for it.
The v3 Beta is already a very good bible-program. I think there is no need to hurry..

If you need some help, maybe with webdesigning, administrating or something like that i would be glad to help you.

blessings,
Simon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi everyone,
here is information for the new preview version:

http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?p=1921#1921

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support,
Costas
coords

Post by coords »

Thank you Costas for all you hard work on this. Looking forward to trying it out!
Born once, die twice; born twice, die once! - Martin Luther
core

Donation

Post by core »

I had it on my heard to give you a little inside into TW.

TW is a FREE Bible software that will remain FREE for every user. Nevertheless it's not free for Costas (and those who work for it).
Costas is spending a GIANT amount of time into TW. Remember, he's not being financed by any church or christian organisation and is therefore providing you with an ad free Bible software for which you'd have to spend many bugs for. A person before suggested that Costas should go on vacation. Good idea, but that means that TW is stopped.

It has been proven that when it comes to sponsoring an event, the group that does most of the donation are not big companies, but individuals with their 10- 15€. They make the difference. (BTW: You can see this in the present elections in the USA right now.) -> You can make a difference. The better the financial support is, the more Costas can focus on the programming, the faster new versions can be released. It is nice and encouraging to receive all your "Thank yous", but it doesn't help to speed up the development of the software. :roll:

If you have 100€ each month for your personal use, consider supporting TW just one month with what ever you think is ok, even if it's 5€. So you're not paying for the software, but in what you give, you actively support TW.

(I myself will not see any of this money.)

Greetings in the Lord with 2. Corinthians 9, 6-7
Core