theWord iPad App [Unofficial]

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

Re: theWord iPad App [Unofficial]

Post by csterg »

immanuel.sonprint wrote: or unencrypt the modules?
Encrypted modules are encrypted for a good reason: to respect wish of the author and to respect copyright. You should not seek to overcome this.
theWord is the only software that goes into great pains to ensure that no module is encrypted unless it is really required by the author/publisher, please respect that.
Costas
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

csterg wrote:Encrypted modules are encrypted for a good reason: to respect wish of the author and to respect copyright. You should not seek to overcome this.
Agree.
theWord is the only software that goes into great pains to ensure that no module is encrypted unless it is really required by the author/publisher
Almost, but don't quite agree fully. I can think of at least one other "vendor" of Bible software that the above statement applies to.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

l_d_allan wrote:
csterg wrote:Encrypted modules are encrypted for a good reason: to respect wish of the author and to respect copyright. You should not seek to overcome this.
Agree.
theWord is the only software that goes into great pains to ensure that no module is encrypted unless it is really required by the author/publisher
Almost, but don't quite agree fully. I can think of at least one other "vendor" of Bible software that the above statement applies to.
True! I can think one too, so i have to take back the 'only' statement there, sorry
Costas
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

csterg wrote:great pains
But maybe your original statement was correct ...

IIRC, BB didn't necessarily have to go through "great pains". You tracked down an efficient high speed algorithm written in Delphi that could be used by TW. Then the BB author "ported" that Delphi code in C++ to link with BB. And then BB integrated the encryption with zlib compression?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

l_d_allan wrote:
csterg wrote:great pains
But maybe your original statement was correct ...

IIRC, BB didn't necessarily have to go through "great pains". You tracked down an efficient high speed algorithm written in Delphi that could be used by TW. Then the BB author "ported" that Delphi code in C++ to link with BB. And then BB integrated the encryption with zlib compression?
Well, this is probably poor choice of words....
The 'great pains' does not really refer to the effort that was put, but to the respect being given to PD texts not being unnecessarily encrypted.
Costas
Warty

Re: theWord (iBible-Study HD) iPad App [Unofficial]

Post by Warty »

Can anyone advise how to contact the author of the iBible-Study HD app for the iPad?
I have the ver 5 of the app but can not install any of the TheWord modules even after reading and following all the help files on how to do this.

On their website zbestway.com you can not contact them, send an email or request help. There appears to have been NO activity on the site for many years.

I use TheWord on my Apple Mac via "Wine" and very much like the format of TheWord, which iBible-Study HD follows. I want to use it on my iPad, when away from home, but I can only download and install the modules that are available within the app.

Any help on how to contact the author OR how to install other modules would be greatly appreciated.
JG

Post by JG »

There is a contact us, on this page
http://zbestway.com/
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet