theWord Manual

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

theWord Manual

Post by csterg »

After many delays, the official manual for theWord is now available as .chm file, a pdf and for online viewing.
You can download the .chm if you want to access it from within the program directly using the F1 key.

Go here to get it:
http://www.theword.gr/index.php?article ... &l=english

Feedback and corrections are appreciated,
Costas
imepv7

Re: theWord Manual

Post by imepv7 »

Thanks so much! Well done!
Edmund

Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Costas!
Good job! Well done my friend.

Darrel
sdahlinghwa

Post by sdahlinghwa »

Hello Costas,

Fantastic Job!

This is even better than I had expected! I love the ability to install it and access it right from inside the program.
And, because of this, I will be adding this manual to the many copies of The WORD that I have already installed for my friends and family (20+).

This will be a great help to all those who are learning to use The WORD. Thanks so much.
S. Dahl
UBC4ME

Post by UBC4ME »

Great job! Much needed and well done. Thank you Costas.
Dave
Gods gifts comes wrapped many different ways.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Costas,
Excellent! Very nice indeed.
Thank you,
Rich
nChrist

Post by nChrist »

Outstanding! - Thanks very much!
nChrist

Psalms 32:10-11 ASV 10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he that trusteth in Jehovah, lovingkindness shall compass him about. 11 Be glad in Jehovah, and rejoice, ye righteous; And shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you, I hope it proves useful!
Let me say that the manual is still being reviewed to correct typos, fix syntax at places, insert hyper links, bold, etc. As corrections are made new versions will be uploaded; yet the actual content is fairly complete,
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hello Costas,
Two questions:
1. How can one check for updates to the manual from TW or after pressing F1. It appears that by choosing HELP|HELP on the Internet and then downloading the chm file that it replaces what you have without just checking for updates?

2. While in the help file is it possible to enable hovering over links in that file? Currently it appears you can only click on a link and not hover?

You have done well on this help file. Thanks!

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:1. How can one check for updates to the manual from TW or after pressing F1. It appears that by choosing HELP|HELP on the Internet and then downloading the chm file that it replaces what you have without just checking for updates?
Not clear on this one.
2. While in the help file is it possible to enable hovering over links in that file? Currently it appears you can only click on a link and not hover?
No, the chm file is MS standard.

Costas
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:
[color=#0000BF]DarrelW[/color] wrote:1. How can one check for updates to the manual from TW or after pressing F1. It appears that by choosing HELP|HELP on the Internet and then downloading the chm file that it replaces what you have without just checking for updates?
Not clear on this one.

Costas
There is no outward indication of the version number of the manual. There is only an internal version number on the web/chm file (bottom left of each page p.s currently showing 3.1.1014; needs another 1.)

......... Jon

great to have some constructive feedback.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Do you plan on including the manual in the small english installation package as well as the full? Currently it does not appear to be in the small package.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:Do you plan on including the manual in the small english installation package as well as the full? Currently it does not appear to be in the small package.

Darrel
No, because it is small ...
If I do, it will not be small any more :)
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Costas,
Okay, I can live with the manual not being in the small package (I am putting together a flashdrive for my friends to install and be up and running), but is there a way I can include the module index file so they don't have to go through the long index process when first installing? I tried copying the cache folder but that doesn't do it. Am I missing the index file location, or does it have to index regardless on the first use?

Thanks for you help!

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Of course.
Setup a compact/ufd installation on your PC, install whatever you want in there and then just copy this folder on the UFD as is. All will be copied, along with the index files: they will not be re-indexed later,
Costas