Language files (LNG)

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Ericson

Language files (LNG)

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

Below is a list of the bugs I have found until now while localizing TW3 (beta) into the Brazilian Portuguese language. Please notice that I am working very carefully at this translation, and that's why it's not ready yet.

Ericson

A. POSSIBILY MISTYPED STRINGS

chkBXrefsHideOriginal.Hint='Check this option to hide any cross-references that may exist'#13'in the Bible module. This is useful if you would like to ignore the'#13'cross-references of the module and always display your pesonal set(s).'
[Personal is mistyped ‘pesonal’.]

lblBDctsNotice.Caption='You can define a default set of dictionaries to use for all Bible modules for which you have not defined a specific set. The default set is the one that you choose/assign when you select "All modules" at the "From this module..." combo box.'
[Did you mean "For this module..."?]

tbitemTabContext.Hint='Current Bible options, and general options of current window and bible toolbar'
['Bible' is written with a low case 'b'.]

lblHor.Caption='Select Bibles to display when they are arranged in columns'
chkHor.Caption='Use the selected Bible module also when the modules are arranged in rows'
lblVer.Caption='Select Bibles to display when they are arranged in rows'
chkVer.Caption='Use the selected Bible module also when the modules are arranged in columns'
[Does this string refer to a single Bible module or to more than one Bible modules?]

chkBWOJ.Hint='Check this options if you want the words of Jesus to appear in a'#13'different color. Please notice that this option only has effect'#13'for specific Bible modules (the ones that have this information)'
[Did you mean ‘this option’? or 'these options'?]

chkBMWheelMovesVerse.Hint='Check if you want to navigate across Bible (next/previous verse) using the mouse wheel'
[Did you mean ‘across the Bible’?]

chkBMorph.Caption='Show greek morphology codes'
[Low case 'g' in ‘greek’ instead of ‘Greek’]

B. BUGS

1. The hint 'Enter one or more words to search for|Use double quotes (") for phrase search' pops up every time the mouse is pointing at a blank space in the search panel. This can be confusing to the user, especially when the mouse pointer stops between the search option check boxes or radio buttons and their corresponding texts.

2. After reloading the LNG file, or even changing the language, the main Bible window caption remains the same.

3. Export notes window shows strange characters if the Brazilian-Portuguese LNG file is in use. (I am sending a screenshot of it by mail)

4. Theme names in the View/Themes menu remain the same after localization.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Language files (LNG)

Post by csterg »

Ericson wrote: A. POSSIBILY MISTYPED STRINGS

chkBXrefsHideOriginal.Hint='Check this option to hide any cross-references that may exist'#13'in the Bible module. This is useful if you would like to ignore the'#13'cross-references of the module and always display your pesonal set(s).'
[Personal is mistyped ‘pesonal’.]
Fixed.
lblBDctsNotice.Caption='You can define a default set of dictionaries to use for all Bible modules for which you have not defined a specific set. The default set is the one that you choose/assign when you select "All modules" at the "From this module..." combo box.'
[Did you mean "For this module..."?]
Yes. Fixed.
tbitemTabContext.Hint='Current Bible options, and general options of current window and bible toolbar'
['Bible' is written with a low case 'b'.]
Fixed.
lblHor.Caption='Select Bibles to display when they are arranged in columns'
chkHor.Caption='Use the selected Bible module also when the modules are arranged in rows'
lblVer.Caption='Select Bibles to display when they are arranged in rows'
chkVer.Caption='Use the selected Bible module also when the modules are arranged in columns'
[Does this string refer to a single Bible module or to more than one Bible modules?]
It refers to more than one. Should be corrected: "Use the selected Bible modules ..."
chkBWOJ.Hint='Check this options if you want the words of Jesus to appear in a'#13'different color. Please notice that this option only has effect'#13'for specific Bible modules (the ones that have this information)'
[Did you mean ‘this option’? or 'these options'?]
Yes. Fixed.
chkBMWheelMovesVerse.Hint='Check if you want to navigate across Bible (next/previous verse) using the mouse wheel'
[Did you mean ‘across the Bible’?]
Yes. Fixed.
chkBMorph.Caption='Show greek morphology codes'
[Low case 'g' in ‘greek’ instead of ‘Greek’]
Fixed.
B. BUGS

1. The hint 'Enter one or more words to search for|Use double quotes (") for phrase search' pops up every time the mouse is pointing at a blank space in the search panel. This can be confusing to the user, especially when the mouse pointer stops between the search option check boxes or radio buttons and their corresponding texts.
I am aware of that behavior. Not sure if it appropriate or not. Add it in TODO list to reconsider.
2. After reloading the LNG file, or even changing the language, the main Bible window caption remains the same.
Good catch. Fixed (this only applied to the first Bible view, if many are visible)
3. Export notes window shows strange characters if the Brazilian-Portuguese LNG file is in use. (I am sending a screenshot of it by mail)
Correct. Ignore this window, don't localize it, it is deprecated and will be removed.
4. Theme names in the View/Themes menu remain the same after localization.
Fixed. Corrected the english.lng file:
the english.lng should look like this:

Code: Select all

#view toolbar
actSearch.Hint='Click to search the Bible'#13'Hold down the Ctrl key and click here to create a new search window'
actSearch.Caption='Search'
cmdViewMainBibleView.Hint='Show/hide Bible text window'
actShowHideDockCaptions.Caption='Show/hide windows captions'
actShowHideDockCaptions.Hint='Show/hide the caption of the all windows within the main window.'#13#13'TIP:'#13'You can drag a window from it''s title and relocate it in any other position'#13'within the main window. Keeping the ''Ctrl'' key pressed while dragging'#13'the window will prevent it from docking/glueing on the main window' 
cmdLF.Caption='&Theme'
cmdLF.Hint='Click to select from 4 different themes for the appearence of the program'
actLF1.Caption='Typical'
actLF2.Caption='Office XP'
actLF3.Caption='Classic'
actLF4.Caption='Stripes'
actLF5.Caption='Silver (default)'
Notice the actLF1 ... actLF5 new entries (also delete the previous cmdLFx...)
Did not upload a version with the fixes yet, they are minor; better wait for some days to fix more errors...

Thanks brother,
Costas
Ericson

Check these strings also

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

Please check the following strings

1_______________________________
optExisting.Hint='Select this option to store the new cross-references set in an existing file.'#13'Notice that you can store as many cross-references set as you want in a single file.'
[... as many cross reference set INSTEAD OF as many cross reference SETS]

2_______________________________
Click to stop using the selected file.'#13'The file will not be deleted but the cross-references'#13'it contain will not be used by the program
[... it contain INSTEAD OF it CONTAINS]

3_______________________________
vse.Hint='Enter a verse reference (e.g. Jn 3:16) or a verse range (e.g. Jn 3:16-4:2).'#13'Select from the list the entry you want and press enter'
A) 'Enter' with a low case 'e'.
B) Also, since there are two options for selecting verses here, wouldn't it be clearer if the second statement started 'OR select from the list...'?

Ericson
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
Ericson

Bug reports sent by mail

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

Below are the copies of the bug reports I've sent by mail with the corresponding screenshots attached.

1________________________________
The position of the text in the 'Delete cross reference' dialog box sometimes changes leaving blank spaces and line breaks, and I don't know why. Although this is not a serious problem, four screenshots are attached to this message for you to check them.

2________________________________
A number of windows and dialog boxes still show strange characters when the Pt_BR.lng file is in use. Attached are screenshots of the ones I can recall showing this bug.

3________________________________
The Bible options submenu shows one blank item when the Pt_BR.lng file is in use. I checked the localized file but found nothing wrong or missing. Please, take a look at the attached screenshot.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
Ericson

Language file

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

Above is the following bug report...

3________________________________
The Bible options submenu shows one blank item when the Pt_BR.lng file is in use. I checked the localized file but found nothing wrong or missing. Please, take a look at the attached screenshot.

Sorry, it was not a bug, but a mistyped quote at the end of the localized text. I have corrected the line and all of the Bible options submenu are showing now.

God bless your work.

Ericson
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Check these strings also

Post by csterg »

Ericson wrote:Dear Costas,

Please check the following strings

1_______________________________
optExisting.Hint='Select this option to store the new cross-references set in an existing file.'#13'Notice that you can store as many cross-references set as you want in a single file.'
[... as many cross reference set INSTEAD OF as many cross reference SETS]

2_______________________________
Click to stop using the selected file.'#13'The file will not be deleted but the cross-references'#13'it contain will not be used by the program
[... it contain INSTEAD OF it CONTAINS]

3_______________________________
vse.Hint='Enter a verse reference (e.g. Jn 3:16) or a verse range (e.g. Jn 3:16-4:2).'#13'Select from the list the entry you want and press enter'
A) 'Enter' with a low case 'e'.
B) Also, since there are two options for selecting verses here, wouldn't it be clearer if the second statement started 'OR select from the list...'?

Ericson
All 3 fixed.
Thanks Ericson.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Bug reports sent by mail

Post by csterg »

Ericson wrote: 1________________________________
The position of the text in the 'Delete cross reference' dialog box sometimes changes leaving blank spaces and line breaks, and I don't know why. Although this is not a serious problem, four screenshots are attached to this message for you to check them.
Fixed in new built (when uploaded).
2________________________________
A number of windows and dialog boxes still show strange characters when the Pt_BR.lng file is in use. Attached are screenshots of the ones I can recall showing this bug.
I suppose these are all deprecated dialogs. I didn't get in the trouble to fix them since they will be deleted.

Costas