Popup verse in a popup?

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
mariano

Popup verse in a popup?

Post by mariano »

Hello, i really thanks for theWord, it really-really usefull and i think this is the best free bible software i have ever use.
I want to give one idea that i think can make theWord more better

Can theWord make a popup verse in a popup? When a popup show and there's a verse there, and we want to see the verse we must click to it (and the verse just show in the bible show and the previous popup is gone), but i think its better if a popup verse could show only with another popup (when the cursor is on the verse that show) without losing previous popup. What do you think with this idea?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Popup verse in a popup?

Post by csterg »

Hello mariano and welcome,
thank you for posting this idea; in fact it has been proposed in the past and it would probably be a nice addition. It has not been implemented yet due to some technical difficulty and the fact that in general, multi-popups will not necessarily make the navigation much easier.
It might seem good to have many, but the confusion also grows. In theWord there are many other ways to have such a navigation, away from the main BIble view you have, so i don't see as an 'urgent' thing to do,
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:Hello mariano and welcome,
thank you for posting this idea; in fact it has been proposed in the past and it would probably be a nice addition. It has not been implemented yet due to some technical difficulty and the fact that in general, multi-popups will not necessarily make the navigation much easier.
It might seem good to have many, but the confusion also grows. In theWord there are many other ways to have such a navigation, away from the main BIble view you have, so i don't see as an 'urgent' thing to do,
Costas
One of those ways is to use the Clipboard Monitor. Set your preferences for the CM, and all you need to do is right-click in the popup window, and copy,(might need to hold down the SHIFT key depending on your settings for the CM)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
mariano

Post by mariano »

Thank's for the information, i will try it now