Request about 'beta' filename/stockage/usage

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Request about 'beta' filename/stockage/usage

Post by csterg »

miken wrote:I notice another benefit with this, Costas - did it come automatically with the file name titling theWord top line, or is it a change? - well whatever -
My page currently says (top Line): Matt 6:34 - theWord (theword-3.3.0.1112.exe) - and I have other versions open at the same time: ...theWord....1106.exe .....theWord.....1109.exe... - very useful for checking tweaks and options, as I have been doing...!
theWord is designed to display this in the title, if the filename is of this format; this is for testing.
I guess I'm also feeling a little guilty... I don't want my 'good ideas' to be self-pleasing, but to the expense of others :|. I'm conscious I am still pretty new to this software - yet I'm digging in fast, and suggesting a number of things... and am so appreciating the work of others also who will , I guess, have done the same...
God bless, one and all
miken
I think this was a good thing, and i believe most feel so,
Costas
miken

Post by miken »

:D Thanks, Costas :D
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Costas an Miken,

Costas, this absolutely was a good idea. Miken, I hope I didn't leave the wrong impression. Don't feel bad. This work has been evolving for a long time now. There have always been people coming in and making suggestions, and that will probably continue for quite awhile. There are a large number of people using the program, and as it gets refined, and as Costas' to do list get's reduced the program will continue to improve and excel. Suggestions by different people have helped make this program what it is today.

In the interim we have to adjust to the way things are done. Changing something doesn't make it right or wrong, just better. No one should ever get in a comfort zone where they don't want the program to be refined.

Roy
miken

Post by miken »

Hey Roy -
Comment appreciated! :D

And anyway - Costas is clearly the final decision-maker: however much there is a community, this ain't total democracy (can yo imagine the chaos?? :lol: )
There is 'one who is the Master!' - and why not? - he is the one doing the hard work!
So - if he says 'yes' then 'yes' it is... So - I'll receive your comfort.

And - how much better when this 'WebMaster' is himself also under the 'GRAND MASTER'...!!??
- He who rules and reigns forever - and the very reason why we are all digging 'theWord' in order to dig into The WORD - whether through 'theWord' or - through prayer, through our written handhelds, through living life... -
Let's go there!! May the King reign supreme - and His Kingdom come!

Keep on 'keeping on', Costas. I really appreciate you - a man I just have some tiny concept of, by means of this computer interface, who I've never met and probably never shall - and probably my imagining is so far away from reality...
- but The King knows all things...
- so I shall ask Him to take good care of you, as you are doing what you can to take good care of us and our 'needs...' ...

What you are providing is pretty global already - and it ain't stopped yet.
So - I'm praying for you, I trust others are also -
.... and ...
- you should also find some tangible 'support' coming some time...
in deep gratitude.
I can't freeload forever... ;-))!

(Hoping others agree with me...? ? Let's ask Father...)

God bless
Mike / miken